joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck?

Snow before 1am, then rain and snow likely between 1am and 4am, then a slight chance of snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. East wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Since when are we at risk of a changeover to plain rain?

I saw that too and didn't get it.

It is hammering down here right now, and it's piling up quick. Very fluffy and definitely high ratio stuff. State college should be getting this shortly.

Was out with the dogs. The flakes here are an odd mix, when they were hitting the dog's coats they'd burst into this combo of fluffy lake-effect-like flakes and white round pellets. Never seen that before. They are fine now, as hazleton pointed out but not that concerned; they aren't those stupid needles.

Hey fellas; the best maps are the earl barker maps found on wxcaster.com.

Plus, along with better maps, he'll paint your entire car for $99.99 (probably only the old guys here will get that).

I like Earl's maps as well, but so far he's still showing the 0z NAM and not the 12z. That's why I used Instant Weather Maps above.

For those who might not know where to find them...

http://www.wxcaster.com/models_main.htm

Initial round of precip isn't looking too good...but I do believe this afternoon will yield better results for this subforum.  Don't jump off the cliff yet.

It's just past 10:00AM, and the good stuff wasn't supposed to be here until at least now, if not later into the afternoon, so I'd say we're still on schedule. I'd hope no one is ready to jump ship.

Archived