joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might wanna go back and look at the maps from 1999.  The upper level setup as depicted now looks nothing like that.

Oh my bad, i see what you mean. It is a different set-up, my apologizes. I got it mixed it up. I believe it has some similarities to this other storm but I cant pinpoint the date. Cause when i saw the upper air plots it reminded me of something..

To be fair, the long range models took a damn quick flip flop as well.

They never looked as awful as people made them out to be.  At least, if you looked at ensemble trends.  I never look solely at OP runs for medium or long range prospects anymore.  Ensembles give a clearer picture of the myriad possibilities.

^ Man that'd be a huge hit for a lot of members in this sub. 

Sure would.  Only nuisance snows so far this season IMBY though South Bend did better with lake effect recently.  Did have to sweep the sidewalk today however.  One can only hope the models are consistent and accurate.  I would think the clippers would pull the boundary southward for this next system and perhaps put many of us in the sweet spot.

Sure would.  Only nuisance snows so far this season IMBY though South Bend did better with lake effect recently.  Did have to sweep the sidewalk today however.  One can only hope the models are consistent and accurate.  I would think the clippers would pull the boundary southward for this next system and perhaps put many of us in the sweet spot.

Pulling the boundary southward would not help most of the people who are snow starved right now (ie. SE Michigan, C Illinois, etc.)  Now if it stays where it is on the GFS and Euro, those peeps would be happy.

That and scrape my windows on the car because of all that darn freezing drizzle. It did make for a very moist and therefor resiliant inch or so of snow that didn't melt during the daylight hours today.

Archived