• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
UlsterCountySnowZ

12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

Plain rain here. Overall happy with the snow yesterday, saw it for only the second time this season and with more possibly coming tuesday im pretty excited. Off topic, more exciting developments maybe coming this weekend

Very icy here this morning. Every surface including trees, homes, cars with a noticeable glaze and shine on them. But roads are warmer and we are above freezing now.

Gotta be happy still with how the storm overperformed overall though, a appetizer possibly for wave 3 and so on?

Very icy. Everything is covered in ice. Roads are a mess.

Im a cold rain now but whatever snow we got last night is still holdin strong. Roads are wet, but that doesnt stop the drivers from acting like rain is ice and driving 40 in a 55 haha

Experiencing steady light freezing rain...very dangerous condition outside.. Even roads are a sheet of ice... Be safe everyone!!!

One of the advantages living near the coast in these situations is that your the one getting the ice and us its a cold rain. In the end the cold rains sounds ALOT better than ice

One of the advantages living near the coast in these situations is that your the one getting the ice and us its a cold rain. In the end the cold rains sounds ALOT better than ice

Indeed it is. took me nearly 30 minutes to warm up my car enough to get the ice to melt so I could drive it

This storm fit the theme of the heaviest precipitation staying down closer to Philly this year.

I think many times when the -EPO is negative, we end up on drier side of the gradient

with high pressure dominating.

Roads are a disaster here  28F ... Schools closed. 

Be safe!

Really should have been a Winter Storm (or Ice Storm) Warning in Sussex Co. and the Lower Hudson Valley --- although I think the criteria is greater than .25".  That said, .15" of ICE is FAR more dangerous than 6" of snow.  I can skate down my driveway!

Not being critical as I love the NWS, just calling it how I see it!

For as much ice as we had the roads weren't bad here at all. My guess is we saw about 0.10". We had freezing drizzle pretty much all night. Probably dodged a bullet thanks to the weaker intensity. Sitting right at 32 now.

fztp.gif?1386595457318

Roads here by me are awful... Still hasn't gotten above 28

Roads here by me are awful... Still hasn't gotten above 28

North rockland into orange county and northward really know how to hold the cold in. Ive seen some good temputure differences on normal days in those areas. Treacherous up there looks like. My gf works for clarkstown school district up in new city and she said its dangerous with her covered in a sheet of ice