CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The "What To Title The Storm?" Thread - Dec 8-9

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The -25C 850's that are showing up by early-mid next week. This far out it's best to reduce that by 40% or to -15C. That's still a quite cold 30 hihg 15-20 low for DCA.

I can only make replies now by hitting the "reply" at the top. The one at the bottom does not work, the edit does not work, and the quote and reply does not work.

The -25C 850's that are showing up by early-mid next week. This far out it's best to reduce that by 40% or to -15C. That's still a quite cold 30 hihg 15-20 low for DCA. I can only make replies now by hitting the "reply" at the top. The one at the bottom does not work, the edit does not work, and the quote and reply does not work.

That seems reasonable....-15 to -20 departure or so...would be nice...biggest issue would be a midnight high screwing it up

if we could only get a storm to come up the coast with  air that cold,  our luck wed get a storm as the cold air leaves

Well, without a block we'll get just exactly that. It's pleasant on this board this year because it's been fully expected to be rough with the storm track. Kinda tempers the pain and put the bar at a very reasonable height. 

Not all that much as changed with this storm for days now. Yes, models have jumped with varying degrees of good and bad but the same setup exists. Fresh cold hp in a good spot and front end fetch of precip riding into it with a low track to the west. All snow was never on the table or expected. 

I personally think the trends at h5 were very good today regardless of the op run solutions. There's definitely potential for the high to hold better than the worst case model runs. I still feel like a widespread inch near the cities is better than 50% odds. 

Well, without a block we'll get just exactly that. It's pleasant on this board this year because it's been fully expected to be rough with the storm track. Kinda tempers the pain and put the bar at a very reasonable height. 

Not all that much as changed with this storm for days now. Yes, models have jumped with varying degrees of good and bad but the same setup exists. Fresh cold hp in a good spot and front end fetch of precip riding into it with a low track to the west. All snow was never on the table or expected. 

I personally think the trends at h5 were very good today regardless of the op run solutions. There's definitely potential for the high to hold better than the worst case model runs. I still feel like a widespread inch near the cities is better than 50% odds. 

im outside of the city, and I agree with you, theres been many timers when the high kept the cold air coming down, and the  temp never rises and a change over to plain rain never happened, im not saying it will happen this time but when you get a strong high to the north  and a good CAD situation, u never know ;)

well   its still   5-6 days away so im sure no matter whether its 00z,,,12z,,,18z,,,or 6z,  your gonna see a lot of  flipflopping, im sure the models will change more than a few times in the nex 5-6 days, IMO

I was being sarcastic in jest, but that's OK, my wife doesn't get my sarcasm either which keeps it a happy marriage

Too bad ground will still be warm from the 60s on Thursday...thought I might be able to use my new snow blower on a clearing job this weekend to get the ice pellets off teh driveway and sidewalk

Maybe next month, although longer days pose a different kind of challenge

Ground temps are a misnomer, rates can always overcome.

Archived