CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The "What To Title The Storm?" Thread - Dec 8-9

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That closed ull near the maritimes is doing it's job. Really keeps the hp from sliding. And the precip is much faster than the euro. 

Verbatim the run is eye candy and fools gold but the setup @ h5 is plausible. It's not a fantasy. The front end could be more frozen than the euro shows. 

we all know the euro will show the 32 degree wedge barely tickling NW VA, as the 850 line jumps from Rockville to Rochester in one panel...

we all know the euro will show the 32 degree wedge barely tickling NW VA, as the 850 line jumps from Rockville to Rochester in one panel...

tru dat, but I'll follow rule #1 in the weenie creed. hug the snowiest model. Well, except for the cras and dgex. Even weenies can't take those cartoons seriously. 

We have discussed this ad nauseam for years and it is simply not true. DTK has confirmed that.

Yeah but real world evidence around here still says the 18z run is often whacked.

Could be legit. Who knows.

Not according to the verification numbers posted above. In previous years you may be somewhat right.

Most mets don't even know what that means so I'm not going to pretend to either. I don't necessarily think the 18z sucks more than any other runs on the whole but around here it seems to.

problem is though, that is a score for the entire Hemisphere so who knows whether which run does better for this area and whether it changes with each run (which is what I would expect)

Definitely true, but it would seem unlikely that it would always be the weeniest run for our area all the time.

Archived