Newest Member
    joxey
Storm next weekend has better teleconnector support than this misery ever did

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has socks said this one is a miss yet?

Yeah I am pretty gung ho for this storm...I mean come on, even a Grinch like me roots for snow on Christmas dude! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

In all seriousness, this is a more concrete threat as we have a massive +PNA with a La Niña-inspired polar jet screaming down the backside, arctic air being pounded into North America via the high pressure over AK North Slope, a huge ULL burying the Sierra Nevada breaking into pieces and ejecting one across the country on December 23rd, and a nice -NAO confluence but not too suppressive. Looks like a bona fide threat to be honest, although still far out.

Yeah I am pretty gung ho for this storm...I mean come on, even a Grinch like me roots for snow on Christmas dude! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

In all seriousness, this is a more concrete threat as we have a massive +PNA with a La Niña-inspired polar jet screaming down the backside, arctic air being pounded into North America via the high pressure over AK North Slope, a huge ULL burying the Sierra Nevada breaking into pieces and ejecting one across the country on December 23rd, and a nice -NAO confluence but not too suppressive. Looks like a bona fide threat to be honest, although still far out.

Make sure you get these for Christmas first... then worry about the snow :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Men-s-Ankle-Socks-10-Pairs/10967088?sourceid=1500000000000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10967088

In all seriousness...when we talk about "threats" in this subforum we don't imply that they have to be HECS setups with Archambault phase changes and a perfect H5 setup. We get a lot of our snow from rinkydink setups that slowly add up to our seasonal total.

Now back to our Xmas storm. It looks like the GFS is going to go bonkers again.

Make sure you get these for Christmas first... then worry about the snow :)

http://www.walmart.c...ci_sku=10967088

So kind of you to think of my XMAS presents, but my drawer is already stuffed with MANSOCKS. Even if Dobbs Ferry gets 30" of snow and eclipses the Snowicane while you rain, I will be prepared to do Jim Cantore style reporting in this thread without a chance of any snowflakes touching my tender feet.

In all seriousness...when we talk about "threats" in this subforum we don't imply that they have to be HECS setups with Archambault phase changes and a perfect H5 setup. We get a lot of our snow from rinkydink setups that slowly add up to our seasonal total.

I know...I lived in Middlebury for three winters; you tend to get a lot of smaller events up there that add up to good seasonal totals, although Vermont had its fair share of monsters in my time that really boosted our snowfall...V-Day 2007, St. Patty's 2007, 1/28/09, 1/3/10, 2/4/10, etc. Those were all 12"+ events with three of them exceeding 20", but I guess that is rare for NNE compared to the I-95 suburbs where I live. I don't like to downplay any threat for snow but the last few set-ups, eh, have been pretty paltry. XMAS actually looks like a solid event.

I've been trying to portray that thought with little luck....so I sort of stopped trying.

Clippers/redevelopers/etc bring a lot of our snows...even a lot of our larger events (warning criteria) are NOT classic KU setups.

Stalls and occludes over Philly...nice. So we have the EC and its ensembles with a BM hit and a scrape E of the BM, respectively. And we have the GFS amped up and bombing to our SW and moving inland. I like where we sit right now for d6-7.

You have to, We have no choice but to like it............lol

Archived