Newest Member
    joxey
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much at H85 record levels.

It was 8 days out...but the OP Euro was threatening the all time November record low max for Turkey Day at ORH...the all time record is 20F and it was very close to that. Even the ensmebles are mid 20s which is impressive at this range.

the atlantic is why we're not getting any storms

Yeah the Atlantic is keeping the pattern quite progressive. The PAC is causing the cold, but for a blocked up pattern conductive for lots of big coastals, you want a good -NAO...without that, you get a lot of SWFE or other fast moving systems. We get a transient east-based block (should really just called it a ridge) next week which may help out with that coastal threat by temporarily trying to slow things down a bit, but its obviously not a classic block.

Yeah the Atlantic is keeping the pattern quite progressive. The PAC is causing the cold, but for a blocked up pattern conductive for lots of big coastals, you want a good -NAO...without that, you get a lot of SWFE or other fast moving systems. We get a transient east-based block (should really just called it a ridge) next week which may help out with that coastal threat by temporarily trying to slow things down a bit, but its obviously not a classic block.

there was a swfe threat on the models for this weekend and that's gone

Anytime you have an H5 disturbance bringing the trough through south of 40N, you are going to have a good snowstorm setup for Cape Cod, MA.  I remember Scott talking about this in the December 20th 2010 storm thread.  Classic Cape Cod, MA snowstorms have the H5 low move to the south of 40N.

Thank you Scott, my passion might be matched by others, but I have never lost it, and I don't think I ever will forget my passion for the weather.  I'm 24 years old, but immature little child at heart.  I have gone through some things that many others would never wish on their worst enemy.

The euro ensembles definitely has a nice cold load into the US. Still waxing and waning a bit in the PAC, but this one has slightly better heights out west and weaker SE ridge.

From what I saw the 00z EC ensembles didn't have much of a SE ridge and the 12z don't have one either. Unless you mean a SE ridge around Dec 1&2?

Archived