12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually in Detroit (near Springwells and 75) and it was raining good and it was mixed with snow (probably more rain than snow, but the flakage was noticeable). Just very light rain at home, so I will assume we didnt get a T of snow here. So while we are on board for the season (trace of snow October 23rd), not for November yet.

Nope! Sort of ridiculous. It amazes me how slow it is to cool down here at night. I haven't even really seen frost yet. We have had four different days now with wintry precip., but no freezing temps. It is definitely a microclimate.

Same here.  Snow on a few days, even measurable snow once, but no frost or 32° temperatures.

Same here.  Snow on a few days, even measurable snow once, but no frost or 32° temperatures.

I thought you'd be far enough inland to get the frost. How much snow did you get with that lake effect event a couple of weeks ago? I was on my way to South Bend and the roads even got bad between Holland and South Haven.

25.0° this morning here. The frost looked like a dusting of snow.

A lot of leaves fell off in front on the house this morning. Enough leaves to allow the early morning sunlight to come pouring in the bedroom - first time since late April before the leaves formed on the trees. 

Can't wait to use this on the snow! Called a Snow Wolf. Supposed to be easier on your back and it flings the snow further than you can throw it.

post-7389-0-83878800-1383930218_thumb.jp

Nope! Sort of ridiculous. It amazes me how slow it is to cool down here at night. I haven't even really seen frost yet. We have had four different days now with wintry precip., but no freezing temps. It is definitely a microclimate.

The warm days the lakes causes now will be rewarding you soon enough. Who really cares about early November, its all about DJF.

Hit 55° today. Winds have been up around 30 mph for about 3 hours. Difficult to rake leaves today, but gotta get it done. 

Hit 60° briefly here with a gust of 41 at FWA. Heck with the leaves. I'm just watching them blow around. I'll rake whatever's left later.

Hit 60° briefly here with a gust of 41 at FWA. Heck with the leaves. I'm just watching them blow around. I'll rake whatever's left later.

I only bothered with the ones that were settling into piles from the wind action. A lot of leaves did end up blowing to the neighbors yards! 

I have way too many not to get a head start on it.

Burn?

Yes I do. Had to knock that off by about 2pm when the wind became more gusty.

A calm wind of a nice light NE wind is ideal for burning, since the smoke doesn't usually head towards my house or any other houses.

Archived