Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone loves upslope snow.

I'm surprised "upslope" didn't come in on top most hated winter weather terms by most of you, lol.

I probably won't be around for that late next week anyway.

Edit: :lol: I actually see Kev put both upslope and OES in his hated winter terms. Someone hates others' mesoscale dreams.

Window for a nor'easter with winter fun in distant interior/mountains Thursday/Friday next week?

Yeah that shortwave is interesting looking around 10/23-25...an awful lot of cold air available. That would probably be the one to watch for any type of synoptic snow...whether its for the mountains of NNE/Upstate NY or something more local.

Yeah that shortwave is interesting looking around 10/23-25...an awful lot of cold air available. That would probably be the one to watch for any type of synoptic snow...whether its for the mountains of NNE/Upstate NY or something more local.

Great--I'll be driving back from NYC on the 24th.  It would be awesome to cross the rain/snow line as I head past the Pike.  Oops--wrong thread.  :)

Yeah can see something happening if the shortwaves time out correctly given the orientation of that trough. 

NCEP mentions the S word...

"...WITH MORE MODEST ISENTROPIC RAINFALL EXTENDING

FROM THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS TO THE VIRGINIA CAPES. CLIPPER
SYSTEMS SWEEPING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES ARE EXPECTED TO PRODUCE
BOTH LAKE-EFFECT AND LAKE-ENHANCED SHOWERS THERE, WITH PEAK
AMOUNTS ALONG THE EASTERN SHORES. IT MAY GET COLD ENOUGH OVER
PORTIONS OF THE UPPER MIDWEST FOR SOME SNOW DURING THE SECOND HALF
OF THE PERIOD, BOTH ALONG THE PATH OF THE CLIPPERS AND WELL
DOWNWIND OF THE LAKES. THE WEST LOOKS HIGH AND DRY...."

Euro ensembles are quite cold through Halloween. We'll see if the breakdown of the EPO ridge happens in early November or if the models try and rush it, but for the last week of October, we can expect some pretty cold stuff.

Definitely a good shot of flakes in the NNE mountains in that pattern...and if something is timed right, some down in SNE could very possibly see flakes.

Let's figure out exactly where and how much snow in New England next week

We can celebrate the fact that my zone forecast now has snow showers mentioned for the first time this season.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Archived