• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
How do the Members want this sub-Forum run/moderated?

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably true, I can just guess that whatever Will or Scott had to say wasn't what they wanted to hear.

I remember this place used to slam some NYC mets during snowstorms if we didn't agree with their forecast...even if they didn't post here.

I don't think snow lovers will ever really just take a forecast they don't like/want without some rebuttal... But there's a right and a wrong way to do that. Even Phil posted the number one thing he wanted to change here was the way some respond to forecasts or discussions they don't like/want.

Phil was talking about Kevin only just say it.

A message board is a message board, so nobody should take this too seriously even though some of you do. I like coming on here more to learn than to post and banter, and trust me I've learned hell of a lot on this board.

If I were to add my two cents in I would suggest that moderators remove inaccurate/wrong information. A simple example being when YanksFan (sorry dude), posted a graphic saying that New England's chances of getting hit by a hurricane were increased (thinking the contours were 982 mb or whatever it was), when in actuality the graphic he posted was a 1028mb ensemble members plot over New England. CT Rain knows what I'm talking about.

Also, personal convo gets pretty annoying especially since I don't know half of you and ya'll are calling each other out by your first names talking about my backyard crap. It's useless and I find myself scrolling through half of it just to get to something relevant. That type of convo should be confined to personal messages only, but again it's a message board so that's what comes with it, and I get it, but I figured just throw that out there anyways.

And no offense to Kevin but you guys talk about him way too much on this, and for a public forum I'd be pissed if my name was getting tossed around like that. Hell I don't even know him and I know his name, kinda weird.  Posts like, "Oh I wonder what Kevin thinks.", "Yeah that's representative of the KURO.", "Where's Kevin he hasn't posed in 5 minutes." is a bunch of nonsense imo. I know I'm not a perfect poster myself but post **** that's relevant.

A message board is a message board, so nobody should take this too seriously even though some of you do. I like coming on here more to learn than to post and banter, and trust me I've learned hell of a lot on this board.

If I were to add my two cents in I would suggest that moderators remove inaccurate/wrong information. A simple example being when YanksFan (sorry dude), posted a graphic saying that New England's chances of getting hit by a hurricane were increased (thinking the contours were 982 mb or whatever it was), when in actuality the graphic he posted was a 1028mb ensemble members plot over New England. CT Rain knows what I'm talking about.

I thought that was a perfect opportunity for what I said before, someone with your degree stepping in and saying nicely, hey that is not what the map shows this is what it shows. I have seen some big gaffaws made by guys who were just kids when this started but are now degreed mets, a community helps its members learn, not degrade or make fun of, not that you did but I hope you understand my point.

I thought that was a perfect opportunity for what I said before, someone with your degree stepping in and saying nicely, hey that is not what the map shows this is what it shows. I have seen some big gaffaws made by guys who were just kids when this started but are now degreed mets, a community helps its members learn, not degrade or make fun of, not that you did but I hope you understand my point.

I didn't personally attack YanksFan, I actually told him not to worry about it b/c it happens to everyone, even red taggers. Basically what I'm saying is rather than leave that incorrect post up, mods should remove it so people don't read it and believe inaccurate info.

And no offense to Kevin but you guys talk about him way too much on this, and for a public forum I'd be pissed if my name was getting tossed around like that. Hell I don't even know him and I know his name, kinda weird.  Posts like, "Oh I wonder what Kevin thinks.", "Yeah that's representative of the KURO.", "Where's Kevin he hasn't posed in 5 minutes." is a bunch of nonsense imo. I know I'm not a perfect poster myself but post **** that's relevant.

It's all b/c of the personal relationships that have been developed and established on this board.  Many of us have grown to become friends outside of the board as well which is why we are always looking to set get togethers so we can all see each other and hang out. 

Same thing with the American Wx Conference...while it's always fantastic going to presentations and such, the other half of the fun is being with the friends we've all made and hanging out having fun.  

While this is a message board, for many of us, it's a bit more than that, it's a part of our lives.

It's all b/c of the personal relationships that have been developed and established on this board.  Many of us have grown to become friends outside of the board as well which is why we are always looking to set get togethers so we can all see each other and hang out. 

Same thing with the American Wx Conference...while it's always fantastic going to presentations and such, the other half of the fun is being with the friends we've all made and hanging out having fun.  

While this is a message board, for many of us, it's a bit more than that, it's a part of our lives.

Trust me, I've gotten to realize that lol.

IMHO banter should stay in banter, and weather discussion in weather threads. The problem is that Mods don't have the time to clean up every thread 24/7, so some stuff probably stays where it shouldn't.  We also don't know when mods send a pm to remind someone about expected behavior. And then there are the folks who start flame wars with mods, as if it's impossible for some people to ever be wrong.

And it's to be expected that moderation will lighten up during quiet periods, and then someone gets nailed and cries what about someone else rather than just admitting that they could be in the wrong.

And I have to smh every time someone who does not live in SNE gets attacked for posting just because they aren't from SNE. 

thank you , I asked PF for proof about his statement and was told I need absolute proofs. I can make off the cuff statements all the time too,seems off base to me. I mean everyone here gets along with each other, don't know how this turned into that anyways. All I said was that the question was asked of a NE sub forum members what they thought and right away the posts were from people who have their own subforum. As far as everyday weather and banter goes I can not recall anyone being rejected off hand for their thoughts.

You lose credibility with these type of posts and show that you are not capable of participating in a constructive discussion about this.

You lose credibility with these type of posts and show that you are not capable of participating in a constructive discussion about this

You have every right to post here too but you're doing nothing but trolling right now. You're making yourself look like an ass more than anything. Ginxy has some of the most relevant posts on here compared to most.

:lol:

this has turned into the agree to disagree thread --  

I have an idea, there should be a permanently pinned, "I hate you" thread, and people that are annoyed, frustrated, bothered, or even angry about some poster, they get carte blanche latitude to be as rancid to that individual as possible, but only in that thread.  If they dare bring even so much as a modicum outside that thread into any other thread?  

Banned!   period.   

How about "Lord Of The Flies"     ...we leave it up to immature human popularity and non-civilized social schemes to dictate policy in a rancorous pressure cooker that flirts with total anarchy.    It would be a GREAT place to find substantive analysis -- haha

so what anything accomplished?

Good suggestions by a few people.

Some members deny a problem exists 

Moderators complaining about the amount of garbage posts

Same members deny a problem exists

More suggestions that there is room for improvement

Same members deny there is room for improvement.

Thats the summary and conclusion after 6 pages.

awesome, glad I visited.

And forum members that live 1,000 miles away obsessing over a region that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Interesting

Archived