• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October 2013 banter

GaWx

So whats the folk lore about wooly worms again?

Black means cold/snowy and orange/brown would be mild weather for winter? Ive seen both kinds around here. More black wooly worms than orange and brown.

But how about this for a extremely rare sight? I can honestly say over nearly the last 20 years I've been living in NC Ive never ever seen anything like this.

I'm going with the white one. I was at the farm (N Va.) last weekend and the place was covered with them. I sense an epic chase in the making.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome! I think we have a winner. That means it's going to be wall-to-wall glacier cold with tons of snow!

The solid brown one won the woolly worm festival though, so it seems we have conflicting signals.

That is in my side back yard. I got in the front yard and started blowing some leaves and found another one. So thats 2 white wooly worms in the same day.  Dunno wether I should go buy a lottery ticket or not bc out of the 17 years here Ive never seen anything like this. I'd say all white wooly worms trump the brown and black for sure so by spring the house could be taken out by a glacier.

I'm going with the white one. I was at the farm (N Va.) last weekend and the place was covered with them. I sense an epic chase in the making.

Reallly?! I was suprised to see just 2 of them. I could imagine more.... honestly I didnt think they were possible. I dont need to chase sound like I might be in prime terroitory.

At first I was like is this an albino wooly?!? Then I got to thinking if it was albino it would have red eyes.  But positive signs indeed.

LOL I told Big Frosty the other day I have seen several black with red in middle and then black. I assume that mean a SEVERE winter!!!!!! I hope so

I have not seen the first one around here. I usually see a few during the fall. I saw some crossing the road when I was in West Jefferson a couple weeks ago, but they were mostly brown.

So whats the folk lore about wooly worms again?

Black means cold/snowy and orange/brown would be mild weather for winter? Ive seen both kinds around here. More black wooly worms than orange and brown.

But how about this for a extremely rare sight? I can honestly say over nearly the last 20 years I've been living in NC Ive never ever seen anything like this.

I could make a comment on the emergence of an all white woolly worm coinciding with GOP's full control of the NC government for the first time in over 100 years, but that would be political, so I'll refrain.

I could make a comment on the emergence of an all white woolly worm coinciding with GOP's full control of the NC government for the first time in over 100 years, but that would be political, so I'll refrain.

:lmao: Please do.

Haha. Ok 33 and rain. That's probably what the white one means.

All it takes is a 1 degree drop than it would be icestorm so there is still hope. ^_^

I'm gonna give a shout out to Timberlake! It's a small town that I visit frequently. I remember when it got a Golden Corral years back, we were taken there to eat, every time we visited for about 2 years. Then the new wal mart , then the movie complex, then when Arby's opened, they were lined up down the street for days! And let's not forget Luna bells awesome biscuits and hoecakes!!and the best restaurant in town,...Clarkesville Train Station

I'm gonna give a shout out to Timberlake! It's a small town that I visit frequently. I remember when it got a Golden Corral years back, we were taken there to eat, every time we visited for about 2 years. Then the new wal mart , then the movie complex, then when Arby's opened, they were lined up down the street for days! And let's not forget Luna bells awesome biscuits and hoecakes!!and the best restaurant in town,...Clarkesville Train Station

:lmao: smdh

Pack your bags and move here. Is your sister the only family here in person county?

:lmao: smdh

Pack your bags and move here. Is your sister the only family here in person county?

. She is the only family up there, I got another sis in Cary . Timberlake has to be the snow/ ice capital of NC , outside the mountains!! I have thought about moving there, just not a lot of jobs. Every time it snows and we get nada down here , I get her to send pics, lol

I'm not sure if this means anything, but this is the first year in a long time that the building where I work has not been invaded by orange- striped oakworms or caterpillars.  Usually in fall, there are hundreds of them outside and many of those make their way into the building through the cracks in the door frames. In past years you couldn't walk through the parking lot without stepping on a dozen of them.  But this year, there were none! Nowhere! Nadda!  Any thoughts?

We did have a minor invasion of some type of shiny, black beetle a week ago, but that seems to be over for now.

Archived