• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2013 banter

GaWx

I can say one thing without reservation. The response bobbitt got here, is by far the mildest he would have gotten in any regional sub forum. Can you imagine if he put his first post in the mid-Atlantic or New England forum, in response to one of their forecasts. I shudder to think of it.

I suppose this just speaks to the nature of a board environment. I've had people spit in my face so-to-speak (face to face) regarding my forecast --not too mention I was right -- and I still handled it like Griteater did (at least I hope it was that classy). If I called them a troll or told them they sounded less intelligent than a second grader, I probably wouldn't be able to afford to pay for my internet connection to make this post now lol.

I guess being a meteorologist who has dealt with the public and heard things that would make bobbitt sound like a meteorologist wizard who first derived the QG-Omega equation, I just didn't think it was worthy of the response it received. Sure it was an attack, but Griteater has proven he's more than capable of defending his forecast if he so desires.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can say one thing without reservation. The response bobbitt got here, is by far the mildest he would have gotten in any regional sub forum. Can you imagine if he put his first post in the mid-Atlantic or New England forum, in response to one of their forecasts. I shudder to think of it.

So true jburns!

here are the facts  about the qbo enjoy .http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atmos-chem-phys.net%2F11%2F11679%2F2011%2Facp-11-11679-2011.pdf&h=gAQHMe8w9   i wil lbe talking too some one on here about the way postor's are .treated . I  never onced bashed or made fun of any forcast only  a disagreement. i have the facts too back my talk , make fun all u want i know people .

Give this nonsense up.  Do you seriously think the phrase "I know people" is in any way, shape or form considered adult or logical?  I'm calling bollocks on this.  Too many "new posters" come to these forums and ONLY cause unnecessary tension.

I have no problem stating the obvious - the way you present your ideas in writing betray your "knowledge", and simply point to the more likely reality: at best, you are repeating these people you "know".  Leave the PC garbage out of this - the only "disability" showing up in recent posts are personality related.  As in "multiple" ones.

"I know people"...are you friggin' kidding me?

I'll be waiting in the corner for my punishment buckeye... 

Good point. Zwyts would've gotten a hold of him. He's the first person to come to mind.

Give this nonsense up. Do you seriously think the phrase "I know people" is in any way, shape or form considered adult or logical? I'm calling bollocks on this. Too many "new posters" come to these forums and ONLY cause unnecessary tension.

I have no problem stating the obvious - the way you present your ideas in writing betray your "knowledge", and simply point to the more likely reality: at best, you are repeating these people you "know". Leave the PC garbage out of this - the only "disability" showing up in recent posts are personality related. As in "multiple" ones.

"I know people"...are you friggin' kidding me?

I'll be waiting in the corner for my punishment buckeye...

Read the comments and shove your troll multiple personality garbage. I can be blunt too - I really don't like your posting style. And that ain't no bollocks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mild-weather-ahead

Read the comments and shove your troll multiple personality garbage. I can be honest too - I really don't like your posting style. And that ain't no bollocks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mild-weather-ahead

How many times do you edit your posts? 

And no, I wasn't speaking to you but thanks for asking.

Meh.  Whatever. 

****EDIT****

Nah. Still whatever.

***WAIT WAIT****EDIT AGAIN***

Just a friendly reminder that it was in fact you, who burst onto the board like a lion.  Perhaps we can revisit that initial exchange - no?  

Never mind. And Whatever...

We were both way off.

Swanson, swammi, swinson, sammy, Samsonite! I was way off!

Look, here's the deal, the fact is, the FACT is, anyone who posts here, new or otherwise, and does so with respect for their fellow posters will get respect back in return, even if there is disagreement. This is especially true in this forum. Will there sometimes be a little snap, maybe a few bollocks? Sure. But by and large, most of the time you will get what you give.

Bobbit kicked in the front door, tracked mud all over the house, helped himself to the last beer in the fridge and ripped a big one on his way out. Of course he's going to catch a little wind. And that's the way it should be. It's happened to me too and I doggone deserved it.

Now if he wants to wipe his feet next time and try again, I'm sure most everyone will be happy to pour him a cold one, sit a spell, and talk about the weather for a while and forget about the whole thing. The door's not locked.

Swanson, swammi, swinson, sammy, Samsonite! I was way off!

Look, here's the deal, the fact is, the FACT is, anyone who posts here, new or otherwise, and does so with respect for their fellow posters will get respect back in return, even if there is disagreement. This is especially true in this forum. Will there sometimes be a little snap, maybe a few bollocks? Sure. But by and large, most of the time you will get what you give.

Bobbit kicked in the front door, tracked mud all over the house, helped himself to the last beer in the fridge and ripped a big one on his way out. Of course he's going to catch a little wind. And that's the way it should be. It's happened to me too and I doggone deserved it.

Now if he wants to wipe his feet next time and try again, I'm sure most everyone will be happy to pour him a cold one, sit a spell, and talk about the weather for a while and forget about the whole thing. The door's not locked.

Are you as juiced as I am for the next installment of dumb and his dumber companion? It very well could just be me, and I'm okay with that.

I can't wait. I was worried about them putting it off again, but they're shooting now, so it's definitely a go. Can't wait for the first trailer!

I was sold when I saw the first "on set" photo.  We should meet in Greensboro and see it.

And I'm glad Stovepipe is back too.

And yes...^^^THIS^^^

Me too. Let's do it...all but the jail piece. ;)

We'll make it happen.  Once we know when it actually comes out, we'll nail down a plan.

Anyone else on here is welcome as well - might be fun.  Keep in mind that it is Farrelly Brothers humor, but the company would be worth it.

buckeye - you may be needed for chaperon purposes.

We'll make it happen.  Once we know when it actually comes out, we'll nail down a plan.

Anyone else on here is welcome as well - might be fun.  Keep in mind that it is Farrelly Brothers humor, but the company would be worth it.

buckeye - you may be needed for chaperon purposes.

:lol:  I have bail money......ya know......just in case  :P

Sure, anytime. I'd love for you to inform me about the NAO. I'm not sure you know enough about weather to spell it backwards though.

EDIT: Don't wait 30 seconds to reply.

EDIT EDIT: Hurry! No smart, non-weather related response yet?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Just kidding....

You up for the Gboro meetup to see D&D?

Back to the dumb and dumber part! I saw a thing last week about Jim Carey was writing a book and reading it, it was a children's book. They interviewed him, and asked about the movie. He wouldn't say much, but they did show a few stills from the new set, and they were good to see! The first one was my favorite comedy of all time and top ten movies of all time!! I will be seeing D and D 2. On opening day for sure

Back to the dumb and dumber part! I saw a thing last week about Jim Carey was writing a book and reading it, it was a children's book. They interviewed him, and asked about the movie. He wouldn't say much, but they did show a few stills from the new set, and they were good to see! The first one was my favorite comedy of all time and top ten movies of all time!! I will be seeing D and D 2. On opening day for sure

You can ride up with me to meet CR and whoever else when it comes out.  buckeye has already committed the bail money  :D  

Archived