• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2013 banter

GaWx

one of my many met friends, is now backing me up for the winter, colder than normal south east . any one who knows enso an can see a neg epo takeing over .can see this coming . even a neg nao jumping in from time too time. just adds too it thanks. https://www.facebook.com/Wxeast?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Love this guy...please explain the enso/epo connection bc I'm honestly not familiar

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am not trying too say there is the connection they are a big factors thou , the mei is quickly on the rise an the 3.4 is starting too warm , which in turn will  factor  too a colder south east winter overall. now the neg epo is  a

plus too this puzzle, right  now my thinking is a rough back end  too the winter jan an feb colder than normal .

weel has u know some factors over ride other's so u can just name a few, cause that's all u need for a good pattern. the 4 most important are the nao the pdo the enso an the epo, i will go too november thread, that's fine , but people will realize am not stupid i know weather . 

weel has u know some factors over ride other's so u can just name a few, cause that's all u need for a good pattern. the 4 most important are the nao the pdo the enso an the epo, i will go too november thread, that's fine , but people will realize am not stupid i know weather .

I hope you're right, and if you're right and we have a colder/snowier than normal winter, I'll be one of the first to congratulate you. But I'm not sure what evidence there is that the -PDO will abate, even though the Pacific looks somewhat better than last year. I'm not sure why the EPO is going to be predominantly negative. I'm not sure why the NAO will be predominantly negative. And I'm not sure why we'll have a weak Nino, even though there could be some minor warming. And I'm not sure why they'll all align together in the most favorable phases to bring us cold and snow.

weel has u know some factors over ride other's so u can just name a few cause that's all u need for a good pattern the 4 most important are the nao the pdo the enso an the epo, i will go too november thread, that's fine , but people will realize am not stupid i know weather .

yes u now your stuffff e.asy to tell that. i"ts adjust the waycross you thipe thaaat makes it seem like. you aren't as knowledgeable as you sound. Should be fun having you around for the winter.

cold rain am thinking the weel known  sabria snow connection will help aid in the epo an the nao for the winter, i think this lastest spike in the ao comes from the solar spiking but i think it's short term . i am shocked no one here has heard of the postive qbo solar max for late winter.

cold rain am thinking the weel known snow sabria snow connection will help aid in the epo an the nao for the winter, i think this lastest spike in the ao comes from the solar spiking but i think it's short term . i am shocked no one here has heard of the postive qbo solar max for late winter.

Maybe the AO is related to the increased solar activity of late. I don't know....I haven't seen any research supporting/refuting that. However, the research regarding Siberian snow cover this year seems to strongly suggest a moderate/strongly +AO for the winter.

cold rain am thinking the weel known snow sabria snow connection will help aid in the epo an the nao for the winter, i think this lastest spike in the ao comes from the solar spiking but i think it's short term . i am shocked no one here has heard of the postive qbo solar max for late winter.

Aware of the increased chances of a major midwinter warming (MMW) in the stratosphere during +QBO years combined with solar maximum conditions...we did just have a spike in solar flux as seen here, but I don't see any reason to believe that kind of spike will maintain itself.  Here are the forecasted 10.7 cm solar flux values for the next 45 days.  Those values are generally in the neutral range (105-150) as opposed to solar max conditions, and it looks like we've passed the smoothed sunspot peak for this solar cycle and are now on a slow decline...and even if you get the +QBO / Solar Max combo, based on posts I've read from folks that know way more than I do, there are a whole bunch of other factors that come into play in determining how susceptible the stratosphere is to a MMW (Tropospheric waves, ENSO, Ozone).

Either you are on crack or you are a second grader. Please stop! .... your posts are making my brain bleed. Let me give you a piece of advice. If you want to carry on an intelligent conversation with some of the more "informed" folks on this board, I suggest you learn how to spell and use correct grammar. Otherwise you will be continually patronized in regards to your posts.

i thought there was a rule on this board of no personal attacks saying am a child or  on drugs is personal. an u was reported an mistakes from post's shouldn't be made personal. i guess if u been here a while u can say what u want i don't know ?

i thought there was a rule on this board of no personal attacks saying am a child or  on drugs is personal. an u was reported an mistakes from post's shouldn't be made personal. i guess if u been here a while u can say what u want i don't know ?

You reported me!.....now that's funny! ......You have a real serious problem, but I am finished with you. it's someone else's turn to try and teach you the proper posting techniques on this forum. I'm sure Buckeyefan1 will be glad to explain it to you. 

weel has u know some factors over ride other's so u can just name a few, cause that's all u need for a good pattern. the 4 most important are the nao the pdo the enso an the epo, i will go too november thread, that's fine , but people will realize am not stupid i know weather .

I don't think anyone is doubting your familiarity of the weather. I hope you're right and we have the snowiest winter ever. I don't even attempt to make seasonal forecasts because it's just not my strength or background. Some people do it really well though.

Lol at this thread. I'd say the chances of a good old fashioned cuss-out this winter are above normal.

Thankfully, I don't really give a **** anymore. The only reason I want snow and cold is because I used to want snow and cold, much like the only reason I do anything in life anymore is because I used to want to do it. In recognizing that, it's a lot easier not to give a **** when it does or doesn't do anything.

Thankfully, I don't really give a **** anymore. The only reason I want snow and cold is because I used to want snow and cold, much like the only reason I do anything in life anymore is because I used to want to do it. In recognizing that, it's a lot easier not to give a **** when it does or doesn't do anything.

Common man, you know there's at least a little bit of excitement when we first start tracking a potential winter storm all the way to the actual storm. I almost enjoy the tracking as much as the storm.

Common man, you know there's at least a little bit of excitement when we first start tracking a potential winter storm all the way to the actual storm. I almost enjoy the tracking as much as the storm.

As with most things, I have more negative feelings than positive. The little bit of excitement is overwhelmed by a good many other thoughts.

Archived