Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 Observations And Discussions

sutherlandfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got down to 49 last night too. Surprised LGA dipped to 49 but Central Park stayed at 50.

Only thing I can think of is wind direction. NLY winds at EWR and LGA this morning yet NYC was NELY. They definitely don't cool as well on NE winds so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Friday through at least Tuesday temps will average around 7-10 or more below normal EACH day. Some days it may not even touch 70.

I don't think next weeks "potential warmth" will negate much of this upcoming cool stretch.

It might not be as warm as you might be thinking or wishing later next week. We shall see.

I wonder how warlocks high of 73 is doing today? Lmao.

I wonder how warlocks high of 73 is doing today? Lmao.

We both knew that fcst high would bust hard given the airmass, and that airmass has verified. The climo inclusion of forecasts beyond a few days results in temp projections being generally conservative. Once we're within 24 hours we see those point and click numbers come back to reality.

63.5F high so technically gets me to 64. But for all intents and purposes spent most of the day in the low 60s.

65 EWR, 65 JFK, didn't see if NYC hit 65 in between hourlies. LGA maybe 64.          

Wind have already decoupled so I think most in suburbia are looking at 40-45F tonight. Most rural areas, pine barrens, and NW NJ / Catskills will be down into the 30s

Archived