• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2013 Observations And Discussions

sutherlandfan

Looks like the roller coaster continues but still think the period 9/18 - 9/22 should be mainly above normal with fri/sat the warmest.   Just back from a quick trip to Florida and it  was quite chilly last night down to 44 by me.

Welcome back, where at in Florida?

Yeah I think Thursday will be back around 80 or upper 70s, very mild Friday and Saturday too. Pool water's down to 70F now after our mid 40s this morning. Going to have to invest in a wetsuit pretty soon.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back, where at in Florida?

Yeah I think Thursday will be back around 80 or upper 70s, very mild Friday and Saturday too. Pool water's down to 70F now after our mid 40s this morning. Going to have to invest in a wetsuit pretty soon.

have to invest in a wetsuit pretty soon.

Closing time for the pool iso. I was down in Del ray beach for a funeral service. Quick trip. Good to be back. Looking ahead - if we cant muster a late season 90 this coming fri or sat (9/20-21) i think the lid has been slammed for this season. Back and forth pattern overall warmer than normal with tendency for cutoffs ahead of us.

have to invest in a wetsuit pretty soon.

Closing time for the pool iso. I was down in Del ray beach for a funeral service. Quick trip. Good to be back. Looking ahead - if we cant muster a late season 90 this coming fri or sat (9/20-21) i think the lid has been slammed for this season. Back and forth pattern overall warmer than normal with tendency for cutoffs ahead of us.

Forget 90... Friday will be the only chance to touch 80 this week.

And as I expected, temps running cooler then what was forecasted three days ago.

I certainly didn't believe it was going to get anywhere near as warm as some wished or thought it would get this week.

my forecasted highs are 72 and 73 Sun-Tues with upper 40s for lows. my daily avg is 77/55 for that time period...that's 5-6 maybe 7 tops below normal. Meanwhile we racked up impressive departures today and sizable departures yesterday and tomorrow. Highs will push upward next week all the while the averages fall back to 76/53 by the 21st. It will only take an 81/60 for a couple of days to negate much of the cooldown and then you still have large departures to deal with. The last week in September would have to get really cool

anyho...last week I was laughing at people saying fall when temps were in the mid 70s...now if we had a 16 degree high temperature departure with temps in the mid 60s..then I would give it to you, that's fall

LMAO...

The GFS ensembles are  going -3 the next  7 days and +1 to+2 for the last week of the month.

With NYC currently at + 1.6 through 9-15, this would put NYC on track to finish September +0.4.

But if we warm to +3 for the last week, it would be a +0.8 September finish.

???? Not sure what you are talking about...never debated this cool down. Pay attention please

You debated that it wouldn't feel fall-like, with highs in the low-mid 70s, and the temp bust by several degrees both Sat and Sun allowed temps to remain in the mid 60s and near 70 respectively.

Tis the season for those type of situations, nothing unusual as far as the guidance bust. Cold outbreaks in autumn tend to be slightly chillier than guidance, and the opposite usually occurs in the spring (warm shots outperform guidance numbers).

Tomorrow should be another 60s day with cold nights the next several days. Foliage should kick in across N New England.

Forget 90... Friday will be the only chance to touch 80 this week.

And as I expected, temps running cooler then what was forecasted three days ago.

I certainly didn't believe it was going to get anywhere near as warm as some wished or thought it would get this week.

Yeah I think 90s are done until next spring. The late week moderation really isn't all that impressive and should only take us to about +4/+5 on the highs.

Yeah I think 90s are done until next spring. The late week moderation really isn't all that impressive and should only take us to about +4/+5 on the highs.

Thank goodness. Last week's heat was some of the most unbearable of the whole summer with the humidity. I don't know how people can live with this for months on end, i.e. in places like Houston.

Even today we should stay in the 60s when forecasts showed low 70s, the cool down definitely performed a bit stronger than modeled. That gets me wondering how low tonight and tomorrow night will go. The clouds should decrease throughout the day and the forecast low is 47F but I'm thinking that it could be around 44-45F especially tomorrow night if the wind decreases. 

You debated that it wouldn't feel fall-like, with highs in the low-mid 70s, and the temp bust by several degrees both Sat and Sun allowed temps to remain in the mid 60s and near 70 respectively.

Tis the season for those type of situations, nothing unusual as far as the guidance bust. Cold outbreaks in autumn tend to be slightly chillier than guidance, and the opposite usually occurs in the spring (warm shots outperform guidance numbers).

Tomorrow should be another 60s day with cold nights the next several days. Foliage should kick in across N New England.

Would not surprise me if most spots stay below 65 tomorrow.

Even today we should stay in the 60s when forecasts showed low 70s, the cool down definitely performed a bit stronger than modeled. That gets me wondering how low tonight and tomorrow night will go. The clouds should decrease throughout the day and the forecast low is 47F but I'm thinking that it could be around 44-45F especially tomorrow night if the wind decreases. 

Much of north Jersey with sun has jumped into the low 70s now. Saturday had alot more clouds which is why temps stayed below forecast. If we have full sun tomorrow I think most places will reach their forecasted mid to upper 60s.

Much of north Jersey with sun has jumped into the low 70s now. Saturday had alot more clouds which is why temps stayed below forecast. If we have full sun tomorrow I think most places will reach their forecasted mid to upper 60s.

Yes they have, it's still in the 60s around here but they are climbing. I have no doubt we reach the forecast highs tomorrow given the full sun, which is still pretty strong right now. I think the lows rather than the highs may end up colder than forecast. 

Would not surprise me if most spots stay below 65 tomorrow.

Well tomorrow we should see more subsidence w/ sfc high pressure building eastward so sky coverage should not be an issue. Additionally, 850mb temps are progged around +6c so highs of about 66-69 degrees should be a good call.

Archived