• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Southern New England G2G - November 16 @ Funky Murphys (Worcester)

Quincy

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin is thinking of old country back in his days...

When I was at UVM, country music was the most popular music...party country or pop country or whatever he calls it was most likely to be playing in a bar of house party.

The funny thing is, it was mostly the suburbia and city girls that really loved the country music....most of the "country" guys/gals from rural areas (whom one might stereotype as liking country music) had a thing for goth and death metal, lol.

MPM..she has a great voice. Something about her/it reminds me of Sheryl Crow

She IS good. Mike! Proud papayou must be.

Thanks, guys.

I'm a big fan of alt-country.

Now as far as the gtg--is there a date?  The biggest challenge with any hike issue is the unknown of..........weather.  Obviouly a driver/killer of attendance.

It was hip hop and some house when I went to school. Nobody ever...ever played country. That might cause your house to be lit on fire.

Any big party was/is like that for sure. I notice obvious correlation towards an almost all white crowd for country, and for some reason country seems to be played at all day drinks. I guess there is some connection between being a hick and drinking during the day LOL

It was hip hop and some house when I went to school. Nobody ever...ever played country. That might cause your house to be lit on fire.

When I was in school, it was rock, and depending on which party you were at, there would be rap - NWA, and that kind of crap.  Once grunge took over, it was all rock, and some rap.

Exactly..and it's still the same way today. If these guys went to a party and pulled up blasting Rascal Flats,taylor Swift, or The honkey Tonk Boyz from their cars..I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the door slammed shut in their face as they tried to come in

Exactly..and it's still the same way today. If these guys went to a party and pulled up blasting Rascal Flats,taylor Swift, or The honkey Tonk Boyz from their cars..I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the door slammed shut in their face as they tried to come in

Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Florida Georgia Line... that's your "party country" type music...

Take a listen:

Wx Hype is on this "party country" thing because on Songza (great app by the way!) it allows you to pick a genre based on what you are doing / time of day / day of the week / mood etc etc...and it can connect to your FB page....and so i was having friends over for drinks and dinner and that happened to be one of the stations i put on there. and it connected to my FB page. and of course, he can't control himself.

i listen to all kinds of music. definitely had my rock / industrial / metal days...still listen to it occasionally...but not as much. i like country music for certain events, parties etc. depends what you are doing.

i listen to all kinds of music. definitely had my rock / industrial / metal days...still listen to it occasionally...but not as much. i like country music for certain events, parties etc. depends what you are doing.

This is very much how I feel - listen to a wide variety of music. I don't mind some country, IF it's in the right setting. (Otherwise I'm not really a fan) This also goes for some other genres...I can tolerate some rap and pop given the circumstance.

This is very much how I feel - listen to a wide variety of music. I don't mind some country, IF it's in the right setting. (Otherwise I'm not really a fan) This also goes for some other genres...I can tolerate some rap and pop given the circumstance.

Like maybe some NWA if you're heading out on a few drive byes , or Funky Cold Medina if you're heading out for Margaritas with a few gals? Is that what you mean?

Archived