Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely day in Franklin Co.

Only got a sprinkle late day but had a great afternoon picking low bush blueberries up around 2k in Heath.

God's country

bb4.jpg

Haulin' the berry wagon

bb1.jpg

Oh' no, too many blueberries

bb2.jpg

Half the harvest

bb3.jpg

Nice clouds back in Greenfield this evening

bb5.jpg

Never realized how flat it is up there for 2k. Plateau I guess.

It's been rather peaceful

It's been terrible. Kevin makes this place glow. When I wake up and go online, the first thing I look for is a Kevin post. It's so funny and so heart warming. It makes me smile and makes me feel so warm inside and out. His posting style is just so cute. I laugh so good.

It's been terrible. Kevin makes this place glow. When I wake up and go online, the first thing I look for is a Kevin post. It's so funny and so heart warming. It makes me smile and makes me feel so warm inside and out. His posting style is just so cute. I laugh so good.

:axe:

It's been rather peaceful

you have issues if that is the first thing you look for in the AM...:)

I enjoy not having to read through 30 pages of crap.

Lovely day in Franklin Co.

Only got a sprinkle late day but had a great afternoon picking low bush blueberries up around 2k in Heath.

God's country

attachicon.gifbb4.jpg

Haulin' the berry wagon

attachicon.gifbb1.jpg

Oh' no, too many blueberries

attachicon.gifbb2.jpg

Half the harvest

attachicon.gifbb3.jpg

Nice clouds back in Greenfield this evening

attachicon.gifbb5.jpg

Really nice shots, Chris.  Reminds me of "Blueberries for Sal".  All you need is a bear cub peeking into the bucket.

53.5/50

That picture I stumbled across on the sportsman Facebook page last week from up in Jackman made me think twice though. They really aren't that far off from legit signs of fall.

I don't know, I could see the end of August..but tough for me to think it's Fall related after such a warm July and 5 weeks after the solstice. I'm no expert, but JMHO.

Temp never really dropped last night.  I had a 54.4* high temp overnight at 12:30, and have only  managed the current 52.6/49 for my low.

Regardless, the lower 70's today will be a nice continuation of the perfect weather of late.

It looks like 50° is probably going to be my low.  I'm disappointed I didn't make it into the 40s.  I had the same problem....it was 57° for me when I went to bed which should have been good for upper 40s for me.  I think those late afternoon showers prevented temps from really crashing.  I don't think we're going to have that problem tonight though.

It looks like 50° is probably going to be my low.  I'm disappointed I didn't make it into the 40s.  I had the same problem....it was 57° for me when I went to bed which should have been good for upper 40s for me.  I think those late afternoon showers prevented temps from really crashing.  I don't think we're going to have that problem tonight though.

Dollars to donuts I'll be one of the warmest readings on the pdfamilly site tomorrow morning.  Meanwhile, Bob will be looking for his footsie pajamas.

Tonight is really when the true cool readings were going to be felt. It's tough to get very chilly several hours after fropa in early August. Thicknesses aren't even down to 552, so it's certainly not the coolest we've ever had...but notable for early August.

I imagine it's tough to stay cool in early August in spite of a cool air mass.  The high sun-angle coupled with dry air should make for good diurnal ranges.(??)

I imagine it's tough to stay cool in early August in spite of a cool air mass.  The high sun-angle coupled with dry air should make for good diurnal ranges.(??)

There will be the typical radiators that get to 45-46 tonight across SNE.  The good news is that after humidity tries to return Thursday, things should dry out again this weekend and into early next week. Saturday could be a rather warm day with warmer air hanging around still behind the front..but humidity should be down.

Archived