• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big Wet of 2013

Wow

Always had ant problems, in the cold or wet, and then I started spraying them with Off.  Deet works on ants too, it seems.  I spray the convoys, and it seems to cover the pheromone trails, and keeps the mosquitoes off the counters too, lol. 

Another day of getting missed.  Nothing again, though I see some trying to head this way, but not near enough coverage to feel optimistic, based on past experience.  T

I think I finally got them licked.  It probably took a gallon of caulk and 10' of backer rod but I've contained them to an area I can spray.  I had a nest pop up in my fire pit which was promptly lit only to see them rebuild twice outside of it.  Two fires later and now they have built back in the pit.  Fire won't even kill them.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is turning into a rather significant/potentionally serious rain train event. I cant recall my yard ever, in 11 years of living here, being this wet. I am sinking a half inch or more with every step! The dog wont even walk in the yard! Hope the faucet turns off quick overnight but the gulf just keeps pumping. Records will be set with every rainfall going forward.

Looks like we've topped 2" of rain for the evening, too, and are under a Flash Flood Warning in my area.  It's basically been pouring since 8 PM or so.

This is turning into a rather significant/potentionally serious rain train event. I cant recall my yard ever, in 11 years of living here, being this wet. I am sinking a half inch or more with every step! The dog wont even walk in the yard! Hope the faucet turns off quick overnight but the gulf just keeps pumping. Records will be set with every rainfall going forward.

Just under 3" in the gauge since 5:30am .... 2.5" of that since about 8pm ... Hwy 150 is a lake in front of my house

2003 is the closest to this year. It has been a challenge this year in lawn care landscape industry. I know exactly what u talking about

Damn stuff either goes to my east or goes to my west. Who do I file a complaint with?  :underthewx:

I got .1 over night.  Do you want to get up a class action suit against the US Department of Inclement Weather?  I think it's Haarp drought generation experiments.  Trying to surround drought stricken areas with torrential rains..to disorient and crazyfy the residents.  Do you feel the crazy?  There is much knashing of teeth and lamenting here in the cursed lands, and I know I have the crazy all over me :)

Even now I have a nice plume of moisture missing me just a few miles to the north west....and I can hear the mocking, if I get real still.  The curtains of rain, just out of reach, saying na, na...na, na...naaaaaa!!  And the clouds giving me the finger.   T

I got .1 over night.  Do you want to get up a class action suit against the US Department of Inclement Weather?  I think it's Haarp drought generation experiments.  Trying to surround drought stricken areas with torrential rains..to disorient and crazyfy the residents.  Do you feel the crazy?  There is much knashing of teeth and lamenting here in the cursed lands, and I know I have the crazy all over me :)

Even now I have a nice plume of moisture missing me just a few miles to the north west....and I can here the mocking, if I get real still.  The curtains of rain, just out of reach, saying na, na...na, na...naaaaaa!!  And the clouds giving me the finger.   T

Yes I do! :-) I feel your pain Tony. I watched all morning as rain approached from the SW only to see it disappear into the "rain hole" called Atlanta. I was expecting a better day for rain but I see I'm getting mocked too. 

Maybe it's just you and me Tony! 

Archived