12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/22 Threat

hazwoper

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM has a 700 mile inverted trough into Canada at 72 hours, this thing is on crack.

Snowgoose, with the current setup for next weekends storm and model consistency this far out does it look like this storm currently has a better chance of happening and making dc to boston happy with atleast a signifigant( 6 plus inches) storm. To me the setup looks relatively easier than this past weekend so id imagine it would be "easier". Looks like the timing would be more forgiving with a phase this time around?

FWIW Henry listed some negatives and positives regarding the 12/25 storm - IMHO the positives outweigh the negatives .....

http://www.accuweath...s-day-storm.asp

His Negatives

1. NAO is going positive or at least is predicted to do so.

A strong -NAO/AO only suppresses things and keeps them to the south, we dont need a -NAO

2. Phasing has to occur for the storm to become a big one; otherwise, it's just a clipper event.

Very srong vort associated with the cross country storm, it will be harder to miss the phase

3. GFS history on the storms the last couple of weeks has not been very good.

Too bad the GFS is in agreement with the GEFS, Euro, Euro ens, and GGEM

4. Models are not in agreement on a big storm.

see number 3

The overall 6z GFS ensemble mean appears to be somewhat south and east of the 6z OP GFS run; although, I have not seen the individual members yet.

I'm playing catchup and just saw the 06z GFS ensembles. This was the first somewhat disconcerting ens population in a few days. Hopefully they come back strong next few runs. For 6 days out it's still a strong ens signal even after backing off somewhat.

Archived