12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/22 Threat

hazwoper

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the ggem and ukie show something soon and join the amped up storm soultion. GGEM has been consistent in showing nothing to counter the gfs consitency. I thinkthe ggem was the only model that never showed a hit for our areas with the current storm, but one run.

UK out?

Could be a win-win scenario even if it doesn't phase. The gfs has the shortwave far enough north that we'd still be likely to see 3-6" of snow even without the phase. I have to wonder that if the shortwave keeps trending north that when it phases, the biggest amounts would be in SNE, not here. This is what usually happens in a Miller B like phase. We don't want it to come any further north than southern Virginia if it phases because then we would miss out on the heavier snows, but at this point, I'll be happy with a few inches on Christmas.

I'm not convinced that it'll phase in time, but there's a good chance that we would see a few inches of snow regardless.

Just based on probability, the bowling ball progressive storm is far more likely than a phased bomb, but again any moderate accumulating snow on Christmas is a real treat. Given that it's a Nina that favors the northern stream sharpening and cutting north whenever possible, I doubt it's suppressed to our south but I guess anything's possible. If not for a mystery Gulf shortwave that no model had until 48 hrs ago, we'd likely be facing a blizzard right now for today.

Archived