12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/22 Threat

hazwoper

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maps like this should be banned until 72 hours out... While I love this map, i can't go nuts just yet b/c last week just broke my heart.. However, I can't say that the excitment about this upcoming event isn't there.. Hoping for the best!!!!!

Consolation for you should be the fact that the storm this week had a completely different and way more complex set up than this thing. This storm has such a nice upper level look to it, with the ridging over Canada and the amplification the storms takes later on. Also, the storm is already one when it gets to the northeast, as opposed to this weeks storm, everything had to come together at the right place and right time over the north east to make it a storm.

12Z GFS can be summed up technically in one sentence = northern and southern stream short waves phase, trough acquires neg tilt upon reaching the VA capes followed by closing off at H5.

One sentence non-technically = this is the most gorgeous set up we've seen all winter.

I'm speechless

did you see the VV's?? Insane dynamics with this run

and the VORT is coming ashore in 72 hours, storm is at 140

Not as far as people may think

NYC had accumulating snow on christmas in '02 but that started as rain and didnt go over to snow until late in the day/evening. If this solution were to happen it would likely be snowing well before Christmas morning and all day long effectively shutting down travel for the day/weekend. I couldn't even imagine the implications

While this would be amazing- and would bring a white Christmas (actual snowfall too) for Christmas, something not seen for a very long time, but this could be a very serious travel situation...

JB is going to go nuts...

Archived