Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/22 Threat

hazwoper

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe anything the models display anymore until we're within 120, maybe even 96. It's obvious this fast PAC nina flow combined with the blocking pattern to our north will just play havoc with the models and whatever solutions they display. Right now I'm hopeful we get lucky tomorrow and eke out some accumulating snow, and on Christmas we do the same. If it ends up as a coastal bomb, all the better.

I don't believe anything the models display anymore until we're within 120, maybe even 96. It's obvious this fast PAC nina flow combined with the blocking pattern to our north will just play havoc with the models and whatever solutions they display. Right now I'm hopeful we get lucky tomorrow and eke out some accumulating snow, and on Christmas we do the same. If it ends up as a coastal bomb, all the better.

I'm much more hesitant to get excited now too after the models' recent debacle, but at the same time you have to at least be a little optimistic since it looks like we will have a much better ridge in the West. Plus this has been consistently showing up on the GFS run after run.

lol im off till atleast after new years maybe to feb 1 lol so yea most deff. Better enjoy while it last, jan and feb could be blah

from DT's latest post on his website......

The European weekly models do not show the pattern breaking down and it keeps it cold right through the middle of January. Sometimes the European weekly models have shown some skill and sometimes they have been absolutely worthless. But I wanna to get this out there to let you know that there is some indication that the pattern might not turn Mild in January

The European weekly models do not show the pattern breaking down and it keeps it cold right through the middle of January. Sometimes the European weekly models have shown some skill and sometimes they have been absolutely worthless. But I wanna to get this out there to let you know that there is some indication that the pattern might not turn Mild in January

ill drunk.gif to that, i forgot they came out last sunday

people can say what they want about the CFS, and they are correct sometimes too lol

but this winter, it has been pretty good and today's maps support the cold in JAN

top one is surface map and bottom one are 850 anomalies

usT2mMon.gif

usT850Mon.gif

0z gfs snow depth at hr 192, the red contour is 12 inches

GFS_3_2010121900_F192_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

Why tease folks with a snow depth map knowing the model will change a million times between now and next weekend? Well I guess it's all we have considering all of the potential systems in December have been flops so far. I hope the next one will be different, but I won't get my hopes up too high until it's in much closer range. Looking at details at this early point is worthless with these awful models.

Archived