gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Christmas/Post Christmas Threat

Nikolai

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last winter, I find I'm not nearly as excited by next weekend's storm potential as I otherwise would be.

February 2010's two 2-foot snowstorms within a week is a record unlikely to be beaten in my lifetime. It reminds me of Fernando Tatis in 1999 hitting two grand slams off the same pitcher in the same inning... considered one of the most unbreakable records in baseball.

After last winter, I find I'm not nearly as excited by next weekend's storm potential as I otherwise would be.

February 2010's two 2-foot snowstorms within a week is a record unlikely to be beaten in my lifetime. It reminds me of Fernando Tatis in 1999 hitting two grand slams off the same pitcher in the same inning... considered one of the most unbreakable records in baseball.

We aren't looking at two two-footers in one week here. A 1-footer would be pretty fantastic on Christmas. Certainly doesn't have to be record breaking by any means. Right now, given the fast flow, I'm leaning toward more of a 3-6, 6-10 inch event for most of the mid-atlantic, with the outside possibility that we get a bomb 1-3 foot type storm, but it's nice to speculate about what "could be". It is still 2010, the year of record breaking snows.

Sort of funny reading Euro updates with the NJ weenies saying it is a monster crawling the coast and DT saying it is a weak wave heading out to sea. :lol:

Truth somewhere in between I suspect.

it's a lot better than the 0z euro up north so dt might be underplaying a bit but it doesnt really crawl per se

Since you do live in the DC area can you include qpf number for areas further south than souther jersey lol? Please!

i did briefly i thought...

everyone is .25"+ to the pa/md border .50+ se of ric thru eastern md/de

Archived