• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Christmas/Post Christmas Threat

Nikolai

Veronica on Channel NBC 4 DC is going to have to do some very serious backtracking if those ensembles are correct. She just lead off the 6 p.m. newscast basically saying chances of snow are "quickly fading" and basically everyone should expect nothing but clouds. While that still seems the most likely scenerio until the GFS gets a bit more support, I don't understand why she didn't even raise the possibility like Howard did

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a turn of events...but of course we all gotta be reserved down here, especially in light of this whole "bad data" argument. I;'d like to see the RGEM hop on board at least. I really would hate to be a public foreacaster now...but I guess I'd go with status quo and let folks know that things could quickly change. Its odd how we're back in the game especially after repeatedly hearing in model threads how we had no chance.

I hope the final nail comes in about 45 minutes, or a solution that has enough support, practicality, that those with the knowledge can feel and express confidence in. What's going on now, as I see it, is a whole bunch of different scenarios that nobody is very confident in. I can deal with no possiblility of snow much better than 10 different scenarios each with a 10% chance of happening. One way or the other is my hope, and soon.

BTW, all of the players for this storm, when will they all be sampled to the point that we can start to expect some consensus on what's going to occur?

This worked out well for me.

What a turn of events...but of course we all gotta be reserved down here, especially in light of this whole "bad data" argument. I;'d like to see the RGEM hop on board at least. I really would hate to be a public foreacaster now...but I guess I'd go with status quo and let folks know that things could quickly change. Its odd how we're back in the game especially after repeatedly hearing in model threads how we had no chance.

I just posted in the 18z thread. I left for church at 4:35 before the GFS started and come back to a blizzard and a foot of snow.

Thank you God.

Veronica on Channel NBC 4 DC is going to have to do some very serious backtracking if those ensembles are correct. She just lead off the 6 p.m. newscast basically saying chances of snow are "quickly fading" and basically everyone should expect nothing but clouds. While that still seems the most likely scenerio until the GFS gets a bit more support, I don't understand why she didn't even raise the possibility like Howard did

At the 6:20 time slot, Veronica didn't even really emphasize the storm or its potential at all. Spent much of her time showing us weather bug temps in Milwaukee and Chicago, then ran thru US temp map. Said she believes light snow or flurries in the evening, dusting to an inch. Maybe more at the beach and was really impressed that Rome GA had advisories as well as outer banks.

Tom Sater is the "fill in" at USA 9. He really went into as much as you could given the audience and time constraint. Explained the models and showed the latest GFS (in-house reproduction, I think) and stressed it could be a lot bigger than most are talking about. Went for a general 1-2 inches, "likely", however more east and certainly more possible but have to keep an eye on any latest trends that would greatly affect the end game. I thought he did a good job.

Archived