Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High today here in NW Chesco "only" 86.5 - It looks like the automated register at KMQS GO Carlson Chester County Airport  in western CC hit 89.6 for the high today - that was their 6th 90+ day of the summer.  Here in NW Chesco today was the warmest day since July 19th but in this wet and cool summer we have still only had but 2 days that have hit 90 degrees and that should be the last one. This is not unusual here as in 2004 we had not one day that topped the 90 degree mark.

I am actually doing a presentation for the East Nantmeal History Township in mid-October - as my quarterly weather article for the local newsletter has attracted quite a bit of attention - especially from local farmers with a keen interest in weather. One of the township commissioners expressed her surprise that we have only hit 90 degrees 2 times this summer based on the fact that they have no air conditioning at their house. My website and my quarterly article is referenced on the East Nantmeal Township website. Feel free to have a view.

http://enant.wordpress.com/news/

All the best,

Paul

High today here in NW Chesco "only" 86.5 - It looks like the automated register at KMQS GO Carlson Chester County Airport  in western CC hit 89.6 for the high today - that was their 6th 90+ day of the summer.  Here in NW Chesco today was the warmest day since July 19th but in this wet and cool summer we have still only had but 2 days that have hit 90 degrees and that should be the last one. This is not unusual here as in 2004 we had not one day that topped the 90 degree mark.

I am actually doing a presentation for the East Nantmeal History Township in mid-October - as my quarterly weather article for the local newsletter has attracted quite a bit of attention - especially from local farmers with a keen interest in weather. One of the township commissioners expressed her surprise that we have only hit 90 degrees 2 times this summer based on the fact that they have no air conditioning at their house. My website and my quarterly article is referenced on the East Nantmeal Township website. Feel free to have a view.

http://enant.wordpress.com/news/

All the best,

Paul

87.6 for me yesterday.    And only 2 90 degree days for me also, both of them exactly 90.

What day/time is your presentation - I'd like to show up?

Amazing how many years it's taken the township to finally get a website up and running.

Very odd info coming out of the NWS (see below) and I'm wondering about Saturday during the day in New Brunswick for the RU game at 3:30 pm and the tailgates prior to that.  Philly office is calling for 30-40% of showers during the day on Saturday with up to 0.2" of rain possible (in both their point and click and graphics packages), which would suck, yet their forecast discussion says that the front should come through late enough to keep rain out of the forecast until late Saturday night or early Sunday.  I generally trust the AFDs much more than the other sources, since the AFD is written by a pro and the other packages can be input with errors in them.  Most other media sources are calling for largely dry weather on Saturday. 

The other item that makes me wonder about errors in the Philly maps/graphics is that the NYC office point and click and graphics packages all simply say only a 20% chance of light showers before 6 pm with no measurable rainfall predicted, for adjacent areas, like Union County and Staten Island.  Their discussion also says Saturday should be dry until nightfall.  Anyone from the NWS with some insight on this?   At this point, I'd trust the AFDs and assume we're going to be ok for tailgates (warm and humid with highs near 80F and some sun) and likely ok for the game (probably clouds rolling in and maybe a slight chance of a brief shower, but nothing that should affect the game). 

AFD from PHILLY:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0&highlight=off

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY LOOK LIKE THE BEST DAYS AS HIGH PRESSURE MOVES
OFF TO OUR EAST. A COLD FRONT WILL START TO APPROACH THE REGION FROM
THE WEST ON SATURDAY. THE MODELS SEEM TO SLOW DOWN THE ARRIVAL OF
THIS SYSTEM AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT NOT START PUSHING THROUGH
OUR AREA UNTIL SUNDAY.

SKIES WILL CLOUD UP FROM WEST TO EAST ON SATURDAY AHEAD OF THE FRONT
AND THEN WE WILL SEE SHOWERS STARTING TO AFFECT THE WESTERN AREAS ON
SUNDAY.

Point and Click forecast for NB, from NWS Philly: 

Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 79. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms

AFD from NYC:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

THE WEATHER FORECAST IS AS FOLLOWS...DRY WEATHER AND SLIGHTLY ABOVE
NORMAL TEMPS FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WITH THE WEAKENING HIGH
PRESSURE AND MORE SYNOPTIC SOUTHERLY FLOW. THEN AN INCREASING CHANCE
OF SHOWERS FROM WEST TO EAST...SLIGHT CHANCE FOR MOST AREAS SATURDAY
BUT HIGHER CHANCES SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY. THERE IS SOME SMALL
MAGNITUDE OF MUCAPE FOR SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY SO THERE WILL BE A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF A THUNDERSTORM.

Point and Click forecast for Rahway, from NWS NYC: 

Saturday A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 20%

Archived