• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

It's all part of the current cycle, adjusting things back to normal levels for upcoming winter like the old days, more snow north (poconos) and less south phl/nj.

:)

LOL...not sure if that makes me happy or sad...

Anyway, back when I used to live in the Lehigh Valley it always seemed like the best storms were in the coal region and Poconos. Now that I'm up here they all seem to be down there. I must be a jinx... :unsure::lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL...not sure if that makes me happy or sad...

Anyway, back when I used to live in the Lehigh Valley it always seemed like the best storms were in the coal region and Poconos. Now that I'm up here they all seem to be down there. I must be a jinx... :unsure::lol:

The strong wrapped up coastals spinning like winter hurricanes with strong frontogenic banding tight to the center for whatever reason  have become the normal since 2000. These storms act to pull the moisture from the northern regions and dry up their precipitation. Coincidence or climate change i can't say

The strong wrapped up coastals spinning like winter hurricanes with strong frontogenic banding tight to the center for whatever reason  have become the normal since 2000. These storms act to pull the moisture from the northern regions and dry up their precipitation. Coincidence or climate change i can't say

I was talking about the summer thunderstorms, but you're correct in your assessment as well. The past few winters have all featured more snow south and east of me than normal.

say hello to my little friend... :unsure:

post-383-0-88483300-1378260701_thumb.jpg

post-383-0-53232000-1378260819_thumb.jpg

There were two more, though not as big, further up in the tree, which means there were many more I could not see. If my wife didn't turn the flood light on, we never would have seen them. The big one was connected to the top of the big umbrella, and a good 8-10ft over to the gutter of the house. The biggest and most elaborate I've maybe ever seen up close. There are a ton of bugs flying around tonight, they should do well...

20130903_211213.jpg

20130903_211023.jpg

There were two more, though not as big, further up in the tree, which means there were many more I could not see. If my wife didn't turn the flood light on, we never would have seen them. The big one was connected to the top of the big umbrella, and a good 8-10ft over to the gutter of the house. The biggest and most elaborate I've maybe ever seen up close. There are a ton of bugs flying around tonight, they should do well...

Thanks! Now I can't sleep!

I'm usually the first one out my door when I'm

On dayworks for my job. I have to walk out with my hands in front of me bc there's two 6' high bushes out front of door that spiders love to weave a web on. Gives me all the "jolt" I need to wake up at 6am!!

Nice write up by Gorse/ Drag in the AFD today.

THE WIND ASPECT WILL DETERMINE LOW TEMPERATURES AND TEMPERATURE

TRENDS. WHERE THE WINDS DROP OFF SOONER, TEMPERATURES WILL TEND TO
DROP FASTER GIVEN THE MUCH LOWER DEW POINTS FORECAST. SOME LOW
TEMPERATURES ACROSS THE POCONOS AND INTO FAR NORTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY
ARE FORECAST TO DROP INTO THE UPPER 30S. WHILE A TOUCH OF FROST
CANNOT BE RULED OUT IT LOOKS TO BE RATHER LOCALIZED WITH
TEMPERATURES FORECAST TO BE ABOVE THE MID 30S, AND CONFIDENCE IS NOT
ALL THAT HIGH GIVEN THAT SOME WIND MAY HANG ON LONG ENOUGH.
THEREFORE, NO FROST MENTION WAS INCLUDED ATTM.

Pretty impressive cold for this time of year!

I am definitely getting old in thinking that this weather is superb, and am hoping it continues for the next 2 months.  A younger version of me would think this weather is boring.

I'm definitely not ready for winter... or even autumn.  It feels like it was just a few months ago that summer started and now already it's winding down... :(

Just missed my first 30's reading this morn...we hit 40.9,basically 41...62 here now at 18:50,can we do it tonight,we shall see...As far as trees and leaves,this summer produced the most dense,lush,really just at a loss for words ;incredible; "greeness" that I've seen up here,but the last week has has started to produce low level color and the start of color in the ends of a few tress on mine and adjoining properties... 

attachicon.gif20130903_211213.jpg

attachicon.gif20130903_211023.jpg

What is up with the spider plague this summer? For the last couple months I have to walk my mower cut route with a stick and knock down a dozen or more webs i would otherwise get in the face, have talked to others that notice the same thing. I never had to do this in seasons past it's a pain in the butt. Webs at the house doors, garage doors similar problem.  Arachnophobia anyone

***The rocket launch at 11:27 was nice to see***

Archived