Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the leaves are falling down sooner than normal. I wonder if the lack of rain is making the difference. I know it is not all the trees but a light breeze really brings them down.

August and September were cool.  I'm sure that's a factor.  Cool August and September combos are rare, especially lately.

Just to get you into the mood for winter, grabbed this from the NWS Rapid City office Facebook page. It is the entrance to the office, taken from the recent blizzard.

Wish that was my office right now.  Well, part of me does.  The other part wants to go hiking on Tuesday ;)

August and September were cool.  I'm sure that's a factor.  Cool August and September combos are rare, especially lately.

Good point, I have heavy leaf fall on the property already and would say it is two weeks ahead of schedule.

Possibly the summers heavy rains also played a part in advancing the leaf life cycle

Just for fun..

SPecifics aside, the pattern going forward to the last 2 weeks in october have potential for some type of miller B, coastal storm. If we've learned anything the last 2 years, say NO TO OCTOBER SNOW!

And if we learned anything the past 2 years its that we have a better chance of getting snow in October than the rest of the season!

Archived