Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there a frost advisory tonight for Monmouth/Middlesex/Ocean when we've already had a freeze warning?

They didn't get cleared out by the PNS.  I guess maybe they only do it by county? 

480 NOUS41 KPHI 261339PNSPHIDEZ001>004-MDZ008-012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-060>062-070-071-101>106-261745-PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ939 AM EDT SAT OCT 26 2013...END OF GROWING SEASON ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA...TEMPERATURES FELL BELOW FREEZING ACROSS MOST OF THE REGION LASTNIGHT RESULTING IN THE END OF THE GROWING SEASON. IN PENNSYLVANIATHE GROWING SEASON HAS ENDED TODAY IN BERKS, CHESTER, MONTGOMERYAND LOWER BUCKS COUNTIES. IN NEW JERSEY THE GROWING SEASON HASENDED IN BURLINGTON. CAMDEN, MERCER, GLOUCESTER, SALEM ANDCUMBERLAND COUNTIES. IN DELAWARE THE GROWING SEASON HAS ENDED INNEW CASTLE, KENT AND SUSSEX COUNTIES. IN MARYLAND, CAROLINECOUNTY.NO ADDITIONAL FROST OR FREEZE PRODUCTS WILL BE ISSUED FOR THOSECOUNTIES DURING THE FALL 2013 SEASON WHERE THE GROWING SEASON HASENDED. THE GROWING SEASON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WILL ENDON NOVEMBER 5TH. $$GAINES

Why is there a frost advisory tonight for Monmouth/Middlesex/Ocean when we've already had a freeze warning?

Because the growing season was not declared over yet. Just because there was already a freeze warning, does not always mean a killing freeze/frost occurred.

Yeah I figured that was the reason, just thought it was a bit strange because most spots in inland Monmouth County recorded the same lows as Mercer Saturday morning. TTN's low was 31F and mine was 30F. But I guess you're looking at all the mesonet lows for the various towns in each county I would imagine?

They didn't get cleared out by the PNS.  I guess maybe they only do it by county? 

480 NOUS41 KPHI 261339PNSPHIDEZ001>004-MDZ008-012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-060>062-070-071-101>106-261745-PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ939 AM EDT SAT OCT 26 2013...END OF GROWING SEASON ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA...TEMPERATURES FELL BELOW FREEZING ACROSS MOST OF THE REGION LASTNIGHT RESULTING IN THE END OF THE GROWING SEASON. IN PENNSYLVANIATHE GROWING SEASON HAS ENDED TODAY IN BERKS, CHESTER, MONTGOMERYAND LOWER BUCKS COUNTIES. IN NEW JERSEY THE GROWING SEASON HASENDED IN BURLINGTON. CAMDEN, MERCER, GLOUCESTER, SALEM ANDCUMBERLAND COUNTIES. IN DELAWARE THE GROWING SEASON HAS ENDED INNEW CASTLE, KENT AND SUSSEX COUNTIES. IN MARYLAND, CAROLINECOUNTY.NO ADDITIONAL FROST OR FREEZE PRODUCTS WILL BE ISSUED FOR THOSECOUNTIES DURING THE FALL 2013 SEASON WHERE THE GROWING SEASON HASENDED. THE GROWING SEASON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA WILL ENDON NOVEMBER 5TH. $$GAINES

Yeah, this is something I don't recall seeing (at least in recent years). Usually after the freeze has occurred, we don't see anymore advisories. But I guess most towns in my county didn't fall under 32 even though some towns recorded lows in the 29-31 range.

Archived