Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could the weather get any more boring. No snowstorms last winter, no thunderstorms this spring or summer it's like weather said alright my job is done here post Sandy

I for one am happy with the weather over the past few weeks...pleasant days and cool nights.  Of course, now we are heading back into warmer weather.  My A/C system will have to go back to work soon after a nice vacation.

It's pretty well known that I love Arizona as I lived there for 5 years and would like to move back. That being said, I could certainly do well and be happy with a Carolina climate. A little snow on occasion for a treat, but by and large, much milder and shorter winters. The trade off is a hotter summer with more humidity.

How about the best of both worlds on the GFS?

post-402-0-52522100-1377018877_thumb.png

The Dog Day's of August here or just passed,but up here in the SoPo's today was my 'First" day of 80 for a high this Month,reaching exactly that # about 14:00...Actually I believe it was the 1st at MPO also...Also unless something verrry anomalous happens this will be the 4th Summer in a row,here; without a day over 90...Just hoping,after 2 winters consecutively without a Snowfall over 10" that doesn't become a streak...

That scenario pretty much happened when I lived out there. Hurricane Nora in 1997 came into AZ still strong enough to be a named tropical storm. While it didn't affect Phoenix as bad as originally predicted, areas to the west, including Yuma, got hit pretty hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Nora_%281997%29

How about the best of both worlds on the GFS?

attachicon.gifvegas tropical.png

Energy wise our 220v-18,000btu window unit has hardly been used.  Installed it Jul 4 only to run those couple of hot days, the heat wave week in July, and one Sat that was ungodly humid with scat'd showers and storms 2 weeks ago. Close to $200. savings from past summers usage.    Good to find something about the weather not to complain about.

Wasn't expecting it to be such a rainy day.

You can see outflow from the now dying complex over northern Bucks and Montgomery racing southeastward and triggering this new stuff over Lower Bucks.

Some areas got little or no rain so far today.

Archived