• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

A contractor this morning at 730-8am handed me a report for today's work completed! He wanted to get to his vacation but he also wanted to be paid today. While the work he put down was in fact done (probably sometime earlier this week), it wasn't done today. So what's the big deal? They get paid for setting up safety / equipment every day (before work is actually done) and that was put down but obviously wasn't done for 7/18. So essentially, he wanted me to lie. Well, I told my supervisor everything and showed him the report. While I feel relieved, I also feel a little bit bad. But, I also feel like, "F him" because he put me in a terrible position and tried to get over on me. Not only is that an insult of my intelligence but it is the wrong thing to do in any relationship. If I had filled out the report and accepted it as if it were true, I could have ended up being charged for tampering a report.

This has been a strange day so far, that's for sure. My jaw hurts from the constant grinding and it has actually escalated to the point that it hurts to eat now. Maybe I'm too stressed...I could use a nice thunderstorm.

what kind of work was being done?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what kind of work was being done?

They do video inspection and cleaning of pipes under state roads (most are vitrified clay but not all. A lot were put in decades ago and are of course there for rain water). They also clean and inspect the structures involved with them like catch basins. Any deformation, cracks or worse must be reported and all video must be done after they clean them. It is all put on DVD and it is "GPS'd."

I just started this contract and, much to my surprise, it is actually more interesting than it sounds. It is cool to watch the video and what they do in real-time. Everything has been basically by the contract except for today's weirdness. I know he was anxious to catch a plane out of here to Europe but he should have been up-front with me weeks ago.

They do video inspection and cleaning of pipes under state roads (most are vitrified clay but not all. A lot were put in decades ago and are of course there for rain water). They also clean and inspect the structures involved with them like catch basins. Any deformation, cracks or worse must be reported and all video must be done after they clean them. It is all put on DVD and it is "GPS'd."

I just started this contract and, much to my surprise, it is actually more interesting than it sounds. It is cool to watch the video and what they do in real-time. Everything has been basically by the contract except for today's weirdness. I know he was anxious to catch a plane out of here to Europe but he should have been up-front with me weeks ago.

we had something like that done here at the course. One of our bathroom lines was clogged so they ran a video camera through the pipe to see what was backing it up. 100 ft into the pipe they found a whole bunch of goodness lol

~96/68 locally. AVP was 92 at the last OBS, clouds might keep us limited the rest of the afternoon.

68 is downright comfortable compared to mid-to-upper 70's DP's in the Philly area.  Temp is 95 at 1:30 PM with a DP of 77.  That's not fun unless you have a nice place to swim (pool, lake, ocean, etc.).

Parents are 93.  They've run closer to the airport recently, though their dews are ridiculous... currently 79.  I notice on Wunderground that a couple of nearby personal weather stations are 97.

Topped off at 98 a few minutes before 1:00 and now have come back down to 95.  This heat wave I've been running hotter than PNE almost every day, but in years past it's always been rather close.  We lost a few trees in Sandy that were maybe 20-30 feet from the Davis, so maybe that's what's causing the difference?

we had something like that done here at the course. One of our bathroom lines was clogged so they ran a video camera through the pipe to see what was backing it up. 100 ft into the pipe they found a whole bunch of goodness lol

lol wow...

The worst thing I saw so far was a telephone pole put straight through 1 of our pipes. This, of course, led to cracking around it and roots to get in.

So how do you think it happened? lol

"Okay fellas' bring it in...the pole won't seem to budge...force it...crack...what was that?!? Meh, who cares, okay onto the next one..."

Topped off at 98 a few minutes before 1:00 and now have come back down to 95.  This heat wave I've been running hotter than PNE almost every day, but in years past it's always been rather close.  We lost a few trees in Sandy that were maybe 20-30 feet from the Davis, so maybe that's what's causing the difference?

That's very possible.  If you read it closely, the Davis manual actually states that their radiation shield cannot completely compensate for solar radiation, even the aspirated version, and can run a degree or so above "actual" temperature.  With the trees gone you also are likely getting more heat absorption by nearby objects and pavement which were previously shaded and therefore cooler.  So yeah, bottom line is the lack of trees is certainly producing an effect.

My parents lost no trees fortunately, but have been running a little warmer than ASOS ever since PHI replaced TTN's thermometer (which previously had been running warmer than the Davis).  TTN looks right these days, so its probably the Davis which is running hot.  But like I said, better in the last few weeks, maybe because of all the rain.

That's very possible.  If you read it closely, the Davis manual actually states that their radiation shield cannot completely compensate for solar radiation, even the aspirated version, and can run a degree or so above "actual" temperature.  With the trees gone you also are likely getting more heat absorption by nearby objects and pavement which were previously shaded and therefore cooler.  So yeah, bottom line is the lack of trees is certainly producing an effect.

My parents lost no trees fortunately, but have been running a little warmer than ASOS ever since PHI replaced TTN's thermometer (which previously had been running warmer than the Davis).  TTN looks right these days, so its probably the Davis which is running hot.  But like I said, better in the last few weeks, maybe because of all the rain.

I'm assuming their really isn't anything to fix this...I think mine is running to hot also...

i can't even imagine what an 82 dew pt feels like...that's unheard of

well you should have a pretty good idea out on the course this morning, DP's are nasty right now, bet it's been awhile since we've had them in the upper 70's

most of the hot weather the past few yrs has been in conjunction with much lower DP's than we've experienced this summer

Archived