Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dewpoints on Davis units can run a little high. 

Obviously.  Nothing in the area supports 77.

At school they always say to knock ~3 degrees F off the Kestrel dew point readings too.  Is there a common problem with electronic moisture sensors?

Highest temperature of the year so far in NW Chesco - 88.0.   As ground starts to bake out I think we touch 90

a couple times this week.  Run of the mill July heat.

Yes I would agree this nothing out of the ordinary for the hottest time of year. Only philly seems to break heat record which is nothing new for them!

Highest temperature of the year so far in NW Chesco - 88.0.   As ground starts to bake out I think we touch 90

a couple times this week.  Run of the mill July heat.

I don't think this was advertised to be any kind of all-time, record breaking heatwave.  It will likely be the hottest stretch of weather so far this summer, so that makes it worthy of some level of "hype".

It seems to me that the high elevations of Chester county need big time heat to crack 90 degrees...usually need widespread 97+ temps at the lower elevations around Philly to accomplish that.  Tomorrow/Thursday have the best chances...although it could possibly happen today.

I don't think this was advertised to be any kind of all-time, record breaking heatwave.  It will likely be the hottest stretch of weather so far this summer, so that makes it worthy of some level of "hype".

It seems to me that the high elevations of Chester county need big time heat to crack 90 degrees...usually need widespread 97+ temps at the lower elevations around Philly to accomplish that.  Tomorrow/Thursday have the best chances...although it could possibly happen today.

I'm only at 352' in a valley.    I think we're wasting a lot of heat trying to evaporate the moisture out of the saturated ground.

Last year had no trouble getting to the upper 90's when the ground was like a rock.

The media seems to hype the heat every year - particularly with the recent annoying practice of numbering the heat waves.

I think we're wasting a lot of heat trying to evaporate the moisture out of the saturated ground.

Certainly seems plausible that we're losing heat energy to latent heat processes, given that it's been so wet, and that operational models are overdoing the numbers because they're not accounting for the soil moisture.

Note that I said "plausible" and left it at that...

Working outside in a live news truck all day near Hershey, I've gone through like 5 waters and haven't had to use the bathroom once. It's all sweat. Looking forward to Belmar beach Friday and Saturday! But hey it's July and I'd rather sweat than dress in layers and bundle up and have your fingers frozen trying to operate a camera.

Working outside in a live news truck all day near Hershey, I've gone through like 5 waters and haven't had to use the bathroom once. It's all sweat. Looking forward to Belmar beach Friday and Saturday! But hey it's July and I'd rather sweat than dress in layers and bundle up and have your fingers frozen trying to operate a camera.

No Dave on his bike sightings?

Archived