Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS really broils our area come next week.  Looks to be the hottest week of the summer.  Seeing that 594 contour covering our area all next week.  Anyone see the new run..Now that would be a week where you don't want the AC to go south on ya.. Great week to use the pool with that kind of heat..

how many miles were on your prius?.

I think it was closing in on 150,000. I got the loaner truck back today. That thing has over 170,000 miles.

By the way, classic Northeast severe weather setup on the modeling right now for the end of next week (not to dismiss convective chances / MCS potential earlier in the week). That trough is ridiculous and the EML ahead of it fits right in with Ekster/Banacos research. Problem is: it is a week away!

I think it was closing in on 150,000. I got the loaner truck back today. That thing has over 170,000 miles.

By the way, classic Northeast severe weather setup on the modeling right now for the end of next week (not to dismiss convective chances / MCS potential earlier in the week). That trough is ridiculous and the EML ahead of it fits right in with Ekster/Banacos research. Problem is: it is a week away!

I'm at 107k on my saturn I'm hoping for 200k. What day has the best shot of the mcs, monday?

Maybe I'm not normal. I loathe air conditioning.  Working in hvac you just wouldn't believe how irate folks get in the summer compared to the winter.  Installations are finally starting to slow down after 2 months of not being able to keep up.  I come to work everyday and just spin my wheels.  I am soooooooo ready for cold and snow.  Please.  Hating this pattern.  Certain I will get through it, but I am old and a little exhausted.  Overtime is nice though....one good thing.

I'm at 107k on my saturn I'm hoping for 200k. What day has the best shot of the mcs, monday?

This is a pretty awkward setup. Typically, the anticyclone does a nice west to east motion. This one, on the other hand, will move east to west this weekend. I would say Sunday through Wednesday, really, could allow for some type of complex to drop down into the area. They like to cut south some toward the best buoyancy and even inward of the ridge due to inertial acceleration. We seem properly placed for that anytime between Sun-Wed.

1.46" so far here today in East Nantmeal Township in NW Chesco

It has now rained 9 of the 12 days so far this month

MTD rainfall at 3.48" +1.77"

YTD rainfall at 30.24" +5.43"

This has a great chance to be a year without brown lawns. It looks like one last "heat wave" possible for the Philly area this week. I have still not recorded a 90+ temp....and really not that close with 87.1 being the highest so far this year. With local forecasts only looking at around 90 - I would bet I will do no better than 88 this week. With the longer range looks showing a cool August this may be my last shot to top 90 this year....if we miss it - this would be the 2nd summer in the 10 I have lived here without a 90+

1.46" so far here today in East Nantmeal Township in NW Chesco

It has now rained 9 of the 12 days so far this month

MTD rainfall at 3.48" +1.77"

YTD rainfall at 30.24" +5.43"

This has a great chance to be a year without brown lawns. It looks like one last "heat wave" possible for the Philly area this week. I have still not recorded a 90+ temp....and really not that close with 87.1 being the highest so far this year. With local forecasts only looking at around 90 - I would bet I will do no better than 88 this week. With the longer range looks showing a cool August this may be my last shot to top 90 this year....if we miss it - this would be the 2nd summer in the 10 I have lived here without a 90+

I'd be skeptical of the CFS colder than normal. Right now the model has it cold right into 2014. Support is present for that in AUG from some of the other climate models though.

I'd be skeptical of the CFS colder than normal. Right now the model has it cold right into 2014. Support is present for that in AUG from some of the other climate models though.

The latest DJF run is ridiculous for east of the Rockies.    We'd be walking across the Delaware.    Here's hoping it's halfway correct as we're sandwiched

between 2 areas of -3 to -4C deviation for a 3 month period.

The latest DJF run is ridiculous for east of the Rockies.    We'd be walking across the Delaware.    Here's hoping it's halfway correct as we're sandwiched

Classic for this region with the west based weak el-nino. IMME which I heard uses the EC looks more ninaish with cold stuck in the northern plains and a ridge over the SE.

if its that cold and ends up dry then tom and adam should ban me now.

Archived