• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Since Grothar isn't posting here as of late (not sure if he was banned or given a timeout), I'm not sure anyone is still mentioning drought.  Well, except maybe RedSky (whose house is seemingly being missed by the heavier rains over the past month).

In other news, I'm hoping the day of the 4th is relatively dry.  Otherwise it's fine to have some rain and t-storms to track.

I think he was banned, and the continual mentions of drought are taunts he can never fight back against.

In a way, its kinda mean, but also amusing :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked from home yesterday because the air conditioning was not functioning properly in the building I work in. So I went outside for 45 minutes during my lunch hour to mow my front lawn (I was worried about t-storms forming later on which would prevent me from doing this in the evening). I guess there are some folks who love the idea of being completely drenched in sweat, but 90 degree temps with DP's over 70 and full sunshine is not exactly my ideal weather conditions for doing yardwork. Give me low 80's with DP's below 70.

Amen brother!

I worked from home yesterday because the air conditioning was not functioning properly in the building I work in.  So I went outside for 45 minutes during my lunch hour to mow my front lawn (I was worried about t-storms forming later on which would prevent me from doing this in the evening).  I guess there are some folks who love the idea of being completely drenched in sweat, but 90 degree temps with DP's over 70 and full sunshine is not exactly my ideal weather conditions for doing yardwork.  Give me low 80's with DP's below 70.

post-1715-0-25179000-1372176693_thumb.jp

Also this is interesting apparently there was a possible small tsunami type wave back on June 13th after a "Low end Derecho" moved through that is being looked at.....Article was on ABC trying to find more info else where http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9151234.

Anyone have any insight as too what could cause this its pretty interesting.

With the 0.31" of rain from the earlier thunderstorm here in NW Chesco we are now up to 9.55" of rainfall for the month. This moves this June into 6th place all time (Chesco records since 1894) for monthly rain (rainiest was the 12.18" back in 1938)

Of course we have still not had a 90+ day this season (85.6 high today) - however my place in Sea Isle City NJ did record the first 90+ reading of the season.

It appears some of those storms near State College may hold together and add to our chance at cracking the top 5 or better for June

Since Grothar isn't posting here as of late (not sure if he was banned or given a timeout), I'm not sure anyone is still mentioning drought.  Well, except maybe RedSky (whose house is seemingly being missed by the heavier rains over the past month).

In other news, I'm hoping the day of the 4th is relatively dry.  Otherwise it's fine to have some rain and t-storms to track.

Those people who think every precip event won't happen are likely basing their thinking around the neverending expanse of parched sand, tumbleweeds, and cactus that makes up the mid-Atlantic/Northeast region. 

Those people who think every precip event won't happen are likely basing their thinking around the neverending expanse of parched sand, tumbleweeds, and cactus that makes up the mid-Atlantic/Northeast region. 

Speaking of places like that... we are going to ROAST for the next week.

haha actually i did receive the two days of heavy rain this month but many of the other rain events did just graze me, then there's my unique geology with excellent drainage

haha actually i did receive the two days of heavy rain this month but many of the other rain events did just graze me, then there's my unique geology with excellent drainage

No problem, this is what happens with summer showers/storms.  Some areas get soaked repeatedly, others don't do as well.  My particular area near Spring Mountain is somewhere in the middle of what you have received and those areas that are already near or past 10" of rain for the month.

No problem, this is what happens with summer showers/storms.  Some areas get soaked repeatedly, others don't do as well.  My particular area near Spring Mountain is somewhere in the middle of what you have received and those areas that are already near or past 10" of rain for the month.

go get ur free hotdog, preztel, water/soda ;)

dont think my neighbor red will be happy after today's storms run.

maybe tomorrow will be better for him ;)

Still high and dry here not a single drop today. No rain here this whole next week would be amazing but not impossible 

The corn fields are parched and dusty lol

Archived