Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As has been the case most of the season in Sea Isle City great sea breeze (Ocean Water temp this AM just 56 ouch!)

Current Temp at the weather station at my place is just 74.2

Only 1 - 90+ day at the beach so far this season

meanwhile the water temp at the cape may ferry dock is 80 degrees, water temp was colder in AC this morning than the water temp in Bar Harbor, ME

that's why I always go down to the Jersey shore in AUG / Sept, water temps are too volatile this time of year

As has been the case most of the season in Sea Isle City great sea breeze (Ocean Water temp this AM just 56 ouch!)

Current Temp at the weather station at my place is just 74.2

Only 1 - 90+ day at the beach so far this season

I'm Down here! 37th!

I believe that my fan may have malfunctioned in my weather station. I have a reading of 91 degrees already at 9:00AM. The DP is also reading 83 degrees at the present time. There are a few other PWS's on Wunderground that are reading high in the area as well, but still, airport readings in the region are nowhere near these temps yet.

I know that some might be confused with this, but a friend of mine and I have a distance TV AND FM hobby, he noticed that if the troposphere is active with propagation it shows some sort of cap or blocking for storms to continue or die off as they move east, so far he has yet to be wrong, the other night I had Washington DC and NYC TV and FM in and the storms died as they moved in. Maybe the troposphere should be looked at in forecasting.

pretty sure you mean tropopause, right? Also, I don't know much about long-distance FM radio waves, but don't they make use of the ionosphere? or is that only AM... but that also could be interesting given the relatively recent discovery of gamma bursts from high cloud tops. I understand that storms tend to lose their intensity through downdrafts/outflow, but could the high-altitude release of energy also contribute to some storms' demise?

pretty sure you mean tropopause, right? Also, I don't know much about long-distance FM radio waves, but don't they make use of the ionosphere? or is that only AM... but that also could be interesting given the relatively recent discovery of gamma bursts from high cloud tops. I understand that storms tend to lose their intensity through downdrafts/outflow, but could the high-altitude release of energy also contribute to some storms' demise?

The ionosphere is mostly for ESKIP or sporadic propagation for as short as 250 miles to thousands of miles away, 3 years ago through ESKIP I had 47.9MHZ from Santiago Chile on my scanner at home using my outdoor antenna it came in almost like a local, their FM is in the 45-xx range so theirs can propagate further.

So, after not having my Prius for 3 weeks (roughly) and using a loaner truck, I got it back from the dealer and returned the loaner. The next day, similar problems surfaced again where I couldn't accelerate on the gas pedal. Heck, now the thing just goes in reverse when I try changing the gears. Well, once again it was towed and they brought me a new truck to use while I wait for yet again another Prius Hybrid repair (since it is a hybrid it goes to the dealer, not our mechanics). I go to put gas in it before inspection and it turns out the gas cap on the truck is snapped! I can't unscrew of course so I can't fill it. The original loaner is already being occupied and there are no loaners available.

I'm sitting here waiting to see if they can replace the gas cap before the end of the day. If they cannot, I have no ride home...haha...maybe I'll hit up some family members!

This week has sucked!

My loaner truck's brakes may have went although I'm not sure the extent of the problem yet (it could simply be associated with the tire/alignment) but the tire was hot with a lot of smoke (and a lot of shifting right while in drive). So I am now in my third loaner vehicle; it's another truck.

Soon, the car gods have to cut me a break here! lol

My loaner truck's brakes may have went although I'm not sure the extent of the problem yet (it could simply be associated with the tire/alignment) but the tire was hot with a lot of smoke (and a lot of shifting right while in drive). So I am now in my third loaner vehicle; it's another truck.

Soon, the car gods have to cut me a break here! lol

how many miles were on your prius?.

Excluding the period before 1893, when lows are suspiciously warm, Trenton is on track to tie their longest time period on record with temperatures at or above 70 degrees.  Through Wednesday they were at 11 days straight.  Today, if it holds 70+, will make 12.  The most recent 12 day stretch was in August 1980.  13 is iffy, but not impossible.

Archived