Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty well-defined seabreeze on radar.  Already made it to Hammonton and Vineland.  Let's see how far in t makes it before sunset.

Yeah the southern end is making much more inland progress, as the northern end is still battling the northerly flow (less inland push).

Yeah the southern end is making much more inland progress, as the northern end is still battling the northerly flow (less inland push).

At the same time there was a boundary from (if I remember right) eastern Berks down through northern Chester and curling back into Delco.  I wonder if that was the wind shift?

I'm only at 352' in a valley.    I think we're wasting a lot of heat trying to evaporate the moisture out of the saturated ground.

Last year had no trouble getting to the upper 90's when the ground was like a rock.

The media seems to hype the heat every year - particularly with the recent annoying practice of numbering the heat waves.

The media sure does hype! They only seem mainly to consider the city, it's like it's so unusual for philly to hit 90...lol!

In fact over the last few years it is normal for philly to average 90 in july.

At the same time there was a boundary from (if I remember right) eastern Berks down through northern Chester and curling back into Delco.  I wonder if that was the wind shift?

Some of those other boundaries showing up on radar looked like cloud (cumulus) streaks.

I seem to recall that air mass came in from the northwest and there were quite a few low 80's DP's across WI and IL

the previous day or two.   Heat indices were 120-130 in that area.    But this was before the heat index algorithm

got reworked to make it more realistic.

Surface-wise, the dewpoint climbed to near 80 on SW winds, with the highest readings when it was SSW, which was off the river, so the river probably did have some influence.

I remember the haze was ridiculous, I don't recall having seen it so bad coupled with such hot weather.  Usually when the haze is ridiculous it seems to not be crazy hot lately, though granted I'm not often around anymore.

The cumulus were well aligned nearly north to south (northerly flow), so the radar beam was picking it up well.

Why does the orientation matter if the radar is scanning in a circle?  I could see something where the beam hitting at a right angle would cause more of a reflection that a different angle, but even then any orientation would be picked up at a right angle sooner or later.

But obviously I'm just making stuff up at this point, and I appreciate you taking your time to explain this.

you need to move the thermometer away from the NW Chesco ice shelf, even Mt. Pocono hit 90 yesterday......

It's a Davis Pro 2 with another unit nearby that's always within a degree of being the same.    ChescoPAWx (Paul)

lives 3 miles from me and he had 88.2 on the 15th when I had 88.1.    Ground is still pretty saturated which is

mitigating the heat.   Tradeoff is higher DP's.   I thought we'd have hit 90 by now - maybe today.

Looks like I'll be making a run at 100 tis afternoon imby.  Already 96 at 12:30.

Parents are 93.  They've run closer to the airport recently, though their dews are ridiculous... currently 79.  I notice on Wunderground that a couple of nearby personal weather stations are 97.

A contractor this morning at 730-8am handed me a report for today's work completed! He wanted to get to his vacation but he also wanted to be paid today. While the work he put down was in fact done (probably sometime earlier this week), it wasn't done today. So what's the big deal? They get paid for setting up safety / equipment every day (before work is actually done) and that was put down but obviously wasn't done for 7/18. So essentially, he wanted me to lie. Well, I told my supervisor everything and showed him the report. While I feel relieved, I also feel a little bit bad. But, I also feel like, "F him" because he put me in a terrible position and tried to get over on me. Not only is that an insult of my intelligence but it is the wrong thing to do in any relationship. If I had filled out the report and accepted it as if it were true, I could have ended up being charged for tampering a report.

This has been a strange day so far, that's for sure. My jaw hurts from the constant grinding and it has actually escalated to the point that it hurts to eat now. Maybe I'm too stressed...I could use a nice thunderstorm.

Archived