• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2013 Mid-Atlantic Tropical Thread

Subtropics

I think being a homeowner changes your perspective on things a little.......I want nothing to do any big storms near our coastline. Sandy was bad enough around here.....water getting in the house, power out, parts of trees down, etc. Keep that sh!t away!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNE got their asses handed to them last year by both Sandy and Nemo.. what the f are they due?

Been down this road before, Sandy was not a red meat tropical cyclone. It was a late season hybrid storm from hell.

He said wind event, which sandy was

Take a look in the SNE forum and in their tropical thread... SNE has doged bullets for a long time now. Sandy was nowhere near as bad as some of the historically great SNE hurricances.

SNE bitches about everything, regardless of what they have received.

You need to get your head out of the fantasy world you are living in to think we are "due" anything. Seriously, reality... become familiar with it.

SNE bitches about everything, regardless of what they have received.

Yes.

You need to get your head out of the fantasy world you are living in to think we are "due" anything. Seriously, reality... become familiar with it.

Also yes. If anyone is "due" anything concerning hurricanes it's Florida.

• 1 month later...

Pass from Tropics Thread...  Looks more like a nor'easter than anything else, but it sort of bumps in from the Atlantic having exited out to the south, which is weird.  Nothing on GFS.

The Euro is showing something funny in the Day 5-6 range.  Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure interesting to some:

attachicon.gif Wind3285032and32mslp_North32America_144.gif

Pass from Tropics Thread...  Looks more like a nor'easter than anything else, but it sort of bumps in from the Atlantic having exited out to the south, which is weird.  Nothing on GFS.

I saw that. GFS has some hints at organization off the coast from some weak upper level energy and upstream blocking slowing things down. Not really much for tropical discussion but I suppose the chance exists for some sort of coastal event but odds of it being anywhere close enough to the coast to impact land are pretty low imo. 

Hard to say Ian. I haven't looked that close at the euro but there are some ingredients even on the gfs. Hudson vortex and ridging poking into greenland. The lr has been honking some hl blocking in some form or another for over a week. I suppose at the very least if there is some sort of development off the coast it won't have an easy time riding fast flow out into the central atlantic. There's a buckle for sure but letting something back in like that is highly suspect. At least in my opinion. 

Archived