12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2013 Mid-Atlantic Tropical Thread

Subtropics

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I suppose it's more possible than I thought. The pattern is amplified. No doubt about that. It's far from uncommon to have a vort vacuum up some gulf junk as it rounds the bottom. GFS definitely shows some ingredients for that. 

Me likey amplified patterns. I've been weather-bored for months. 

I would think the euro is an outlier considering how much has to go right to get a retrograde in late sept. If you look at the hudson vortex the trough in front has too much of a pos tilt and it's getting sucked into the vortex over southern GL. The gl vortex can't be there. We need the hudson vortex to hit a brick wall with a gl block. No way to get a backing flow without some sort of features like that. 

Having said that, it actually does hook back in the 140-150hr window, but much further north.  It didn't do that in the 0Z...

At the very least the euro and gfs both now have the same idea irt closing things off in the same general area. Upstream on the gfs pretty much ensures that it has little effect on the MA. But assuming the handling of the dual vorts over hudson and greenland is right which it likely isn't of course.

It's a little early in the season for an event to unfold like the euro. If it was mid-oct it would be more interesting. It's hard to get cooperation with a deep trough and block in september. 

Archived