• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

Yeah, I agree. But I say the same thing In January when the ground is bare and the forecast is no snow, highs in the 20's and lows in the single digits.

Yeah, I feel ya. I mean, several days of 90's with dews in the 70's, with little to no chance of storms...forget that noise. But like it or not, looks like it's my destiny for awhile. 

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MKE - Airport point says the warmest day will be Sunday, 87°. Shorewood and by UWM is usually a cooler area of the county. ~like today.

Wet soils and a SE component to the wind could limit the temperature rise once you get to the noon hour on most days. Probably will hit 90° here at least 2 days I'm thinking.

Southern half of the lake between 59-65° for the most part.

mswt-00.gif

Edit: Allergies are bad for me tonight.

• Allergies? 

90F here today...Have a very good shot of hitting 90F the next 4 days or better... 

I'd take a lake breeze during this little heat spell.  Really its not anything to write home about, but for such a cold spring, it sure feels warm. 

Yeah, Eyes have been really itchy tonight. Took something to knock it out. Otherwise no complaints about the weather or weather related issues today.

T-storm line for you in the morning?

rad13.gif

Yeah...nws seems to think we see some action ...could use some rain.  What sucks is i have a bunch of sweet cherries that are red, but not totally ripe yet...could use a day or 3 to really get them dark purple...but rain cracks them bad and they rot super fast after that happens.

I get allergies, but not until mid August...when ragweed starts up...this year should be a little later.  Then its horrible for about 10 days or so...then it slowly tapers off until mid Sept.

When i say overnight, i mean early morning hours.  Plenty of solutions show a dying complex moving into WI during the morning hours and shiitting the bed as it moves E or SE across the state.

hrw-arw_eus_024_sim_radar.gif

nam-hires_namer_024_sim_reflectivity.gif

both of these did pretty well.  mature mcs with cold pool and waa wing heading SE.  Should prevent 90 today.

post-163-0-06150100-1371810962_thumb.png

Looking in to next week, it looks to be warm and humid.  In fact, it looked that way through the weekend (29th), now GFS is showing a cool down.  Point forecast showing only 75 here for next Saturday, and mid-70's in Wisconsin.  My son is getting married on the 29th, and for a while it looked like we were going to have a hot, sticky, wedding day. The reception is being held in a building at a county fairgrounds, a concrete building with no air conditioning.  Now, it looks like the day may be rather pleasant.  GFS has stuck with this now for 3 runs, so I hope it's not a fluke.

In Wingham ON and surrounding its going up 1ºC every 30 minutes, I originally guessed that based on the 8ºC jump in 3 hours but since then its been almost exact; just off 0.1ºC in the last 30 mins. Its now at 25.5ºC (forecast high today 28ºC or 82). Just mainly sunny with some isolated clouds so I think its possible I'll get to 29ºC and its the summer solstice so over-achieving is reasonable.

EDIT: Now my forecast point is bumped yet again to 29ºC (84ºF), where I thought it would end up. That is two increases today and its increased by 1ºC every day beforehand for 3 days.

Got 1.33 inches of rain from the morning storm... exactly what we needed.  The creek is full, the rain barrel is full, the garden has been soaked, and the temperature dropped to the very pleasant 60s.

The storms petered out just after hitting Cedar Rapids, so Iowa City got jobbed again.  They still don't have an inch this month.  Storms over the next several days should continue to favor northern Iowa.

Archived