Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ma nature compensating for our ridiculously wet spring.  Only 0.12", which brings to the 2-day total to 0.18".  If it's not gonna storm good then I'm fine with getting little or no rain.  Bugs have been horrendous the last month or so. 

you aren't kidding about the bugs...recently visited family up towards Galena...It's like being in a jungle all day and night between the sights and sounds of the creepy crawly flappy creatures...I have been going up there for nearly 15 years and don't recall anything quite like it is this year

you aren't kidding about the bugs...recently visited family up towards Galena...It's like being in a jungle all day and night between the sights and sounds of the creepy crawly flappy creatures...I have been going up there for nearly 15 years and don't recall anything quite like it is this year

Yeah it's crazy.  Driving anywhere in the evening requires a quick stop at a gas station just to wash the bugs off the windshield after driving only a few miles. 

That was an impressive heavy rain event last night! The heaviest rain was too loud to sleep through! Probably the last time it rained that hard was in 2011. Ground is soaking wet this morning. Cool out as you would expect. Seems like it's been in the upper 60s since it rained yesterday. 

Lol, at the RAP (NAM hires too) showing mid 90s today!  :lmao:

1.75" of rain last night, 2.19" of rain total since 11am yesterday.

Steady easterly wake wind blowing in right now. Won't even touch 80° if that doesn't shut off. Not complaining though.

I think it will approach 80 in our locales, too much daylight these days to avoid that most days (unless you are in a cool pattern or have rain/t'storms most of the day.

Will be interesting to see what happens along I-70 from Indpls to Terre Haute.  Storms around Bloomington IN are moving to the nw while the storms and outflow from the Chambana/LAF complex are heading se.  Convergence might produce a ton of water.   85/74 at Goshen.  Quite steamy.

Dew made it up to 75 for awhile.  Heat index topped out at 97.  MLI has a 100 for a heat index as of 3pm.  Feels awfully muggy out there now. 

EDIT:  They must have mixed out some there as the dews dropped back into the upper 60s at 4pm, but the temp jumped to 92.  93 at DVN.  87 for the high here.  Thick high clouds have actually backed in from the southeast from the storms downstate.

Got a good laugh looking at the zone forecast for my area. :lol:

OHZ061-230900-
MONTGOMERY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DAYTON
402 PM EDT SAT JUN 22 2013

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...
MAINLY THIS EVENING. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND
5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN
THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS
50 BELOW.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. SOUTH WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.MONDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS
50 BELOW.

.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. MUGGY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 70S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS
50 BELOW.

Great day to hike around the Irish Hills, then the rains came but it never got ridiculously hot. You want to see bugs though, check out the western shores of Lake Erie. The amount of mosquitos around the wildlife refuges are unreal, complete clouds literally. Then you cannot forget about the constant mayfly swarms across the entire lakeshore region, especially over in Port Clinton-Sandusky

It's a near lock I think that Milwaukee and environs does not hit 90F tomorrow.  One would think the convection in S Wisconsin would once again push the warm front back south, giving us a similar (though perhaps a bit warmer) scenario to today.  It's amazing how wrong many of MKX's calls have been this week.  I admit these are tough systems to gauge, but almost every gut instinct has been off.  They have been conservative on pops, they have been calling Sunday to be in the 90s all along when most signs point against it (besides bullish RAP runs).

Archived