Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
For Those About To Sweat ...We Salute You..Heat and Humidity

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The table appears to be set for the season's first heat wave.  The success of achieving 90F is higher confidence than the duration, though.  Thursday and Friday are likely to be protected under a strong ridging aloft, with continental flow under 850mb temperatures that range between +16 and +20 depending on the model/time interval.  Smoothing for those should supply a +17 or +18C in general.  

The current mean synopsis looks to feature well mixed atmosphere and strong insolation across those two days, bringing afternoons into the low 90s, with elevating overnight lows Wed and Thur nights.  The flow is modeled to flatten over the top of the ridge by next Saturday.  I don't see any particular reason to usurp the seasonal trend to dig heights into Ontario a least excuse imaginable, so "denting" the ridge across next weekend and allowing some form of suppression into the thermal ridge is just as likely.  The primary teleconnector at this time of year is the NAO, and it is showing a +2SD rising leading in, and that "might" be an indication for the ridge along the MA to maintain cohesion.  Time will tell.  

Higher confidence for Thursday and Friday for now. 

Yeah somebody (esp BDL) might score their first heatwave as you said. Just a little change from these last two days.

Yeah, that's really been the bigger story for me, the turn-around.   The snow is amazing and all and I'm with you guys on that, but the bigger story for me is the fact that some areas that mixed, may achieve 90F in as little as 4 or 5 days.  It's a big time homage to the uniqueness of NE's changeability.  We're like the Denver at sea-level region of the nation and it always blows me away at how fast we can change our weather.   Just remarkable.   

Deep deep heat. Summer is here. !

Doesn't it start June 1st?

Hopefully a solid week. No one enjoyed the last 2 days so its time to have the season perform as season from here on out

I did and the pages and pages of posts in the other thread certainly did...I'm just kicking myself that I missed the rain mixing with snow on Memorial Day weekend by 10 minutes! 

I'm a cold weather person but I just happen to enjoy the incredible variety of weather that we get.  Thankfully the high heat and humidity seem to pretty transient so far this spring.  Hopefully that carries over to summer on Saturday and it looks like it will.

Archived