Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at the McDonald's a few hundred feet up the street. Is it a good or bad sign that the tornado hunt team just rolled in?

I think they are headed toward OKC. Tho they might go for the developing cell. Think we are going to let it go but it does look nce. Another going up NE of Woodward

LCLs are not marginal and they won't be marginal.  The RAP cannot handle sfc conditions as it almost always overestimates sfc temps at peak heating.

Personally, I was skeptical about the RAP and a few other models' backing away from the secondary surface low, as the UL environment seemed to suggest more backed winds...which we are already seeing in S KS (relative to the NAM). The WRF may be closer to the truth in this case.

Definitely seeing some backing of the sfc winds per the latest observations from North Central OK and South Central KS. ICT is up to 81/70.

Backing is definitely becoming obvious.

lQDZMev.png

Winds in OK are likely to back significantly in the next few hours as the secondary surface low is already deeper than what the NAM and the "weaker" models showed...large-scale synoptic influence on the mesoscale level are often underestimated...1000 mb is already beginning to emerge in the TX Panhandle...

And I think we will see some significant storms near OKC as well due to the gravity wave propagating downstream and instability breaks the cap...

Archived