joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick Camp, the Braves pitcher who's only homerun was in the bottom of the 18th inning of the July 4th 1985 game vs. the Mets to miraculously tie things up (11-11) on an 0 and 2 pitch with two outs when there was no pinch hitter available to send it to inning 19, passed away on Thursday:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-braves-pitcher-camp-dies-053024203--mlb.html

I was watching that game on TV. My friend was an usher there. It had 19 innings, several rain delays, several times when both teams scored in extra innings to keep the game going, and July 4th fireworks that were shot at 4 AM on July 5th! Camp gave up five runs in the top of the 19th to allow the Mets to go ahead 16-11. Incredibly, the Braves scored twice in the bottom of the 19th to make it 16-13 and had two men on base with two out and, you guessed it, Rick Camp up at bat again as the tieing run!!! However, he struck out. The fireworks caused some local residents to panic, thinking Atlanta was under attack!

At the time of the at-bat, Camp was a horrible 10-for-167 (an .060 batting average) with 83 strikeouts!

John Sterling, just after Camp hit his home run, made one of the most memorable calls in history: "This certifies this game as the wackiest, wildest, most improbable game in history!"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/5978/remembering-the-wackiest-game-ever

May Rick Camp rest in peace.

People will get out more and spend when it is not raining all the time. The forests will stop spreading and less cutting the grass. Less wedges more happiness. More time to get out and enjoy the day and play tennis or other sports. 

i'm almost certain you are trolling. 

I live where I have to constantly feed off the woods from overtaking my backyard. 

- I believe wedges are when it wants to weather but the skies have not yet healed to a certain minima. 

How exactly do you feed off the woods?  I'm picturing you gnawing on the bark of trees like a beaver...

(Perhaps you meant fend.)

We are need in of a drought in NC. At least a low end severe one of that. 

People will get out more and spend when it is not raining all the time. The forests will stop spreading and less cutting the grass. Less wedges more happiness. More time to get out and enjoy the day and play tennis or other sports. 

Wait.  So, you're saying that a drought would be good for the economy?  That's your argument?  But, you destroyed your argument in the second sentence, at least for the lawn service professionals.  No cutting of the grass means no money for them.  Powerstroke will not be pleased.   :D

In all seriousness, Wilkes, you used to post at least slightly relevant weather information.  I'm wondering what happened to that guy and why you've chosen to devolve into a troll poster?  Are you trying to get banned?  Go back to being the guy that posted crudely drawn maps and radar images of Wilkes County and pictures of weather events in your backyard.  That was at least on topic for a weather board.

In all seriousness, Wilkes, you used to post at least slightly relevant weather information.  I'm wondering what happened to that guy and why you've chosen to devolve into a troll poster?  Are you trying to get banned?  Go back to being the guy that posted crudely drawn maps and radar images of Wilkes County and pictures of weather events in your backyard.  That was at least on topic for a weather board.

When limited to five posts a day, something had to go. The weather was less important than feeding his narcissistic tendencies and had to be sacrificed.  

What if we do get subtropical storm Andrea off the SE coast next week? Models show some type of spin coming off the Carolinas by Wednesday from the big blob of rain there now moving S and trying to form a very weak low pressure system. That would be ironic to have storms of the same name in the same general area. Most likely nothing will ever form though.

Archived