Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Banter

WilkesboroDude

Good bro and you?

Anybody else notice the GFS is trying to give us the cut off low instead of the Midwest. Probably would be better to go with the Euro since the GFS can be considered an outlier now.

Doing well also. Bout to go get a killer steak at III Forks here in Dallas.

The GFS is still trying to send us the low and the Euro is still trying to give it to Canada.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this one? WilkesboroDude, metalicwx366, and the one and only Rainstorm are the same person? Wouldn't that be something? Even if not true, what an honor to be thought of as the same person as the great rainstorm! You two (or one?) should feel quite proud and honored!

All kidding aside. many people have mistaken me for the GA poster, Perry (I think his nickname is southernwx or something similar). That truly is an honor as I have always had a lot of respect for his posting ability. But I promise that I'm not Perry

though we share the same last three letters in our names lol (probably contributes to confusion). Come to think of it, I need to change my name to Ralph. Ok, I'm now Ralph. There, that should cut down on the confusion.

Ok, Larry, aka, Crossroads, not Perry, is now Ralph.

Lol, is the gardener on As Time Goes By.... PBS...Sat.  nights.

And....Rofl, as I've said before, is Lizel's beau in the Sound of Music.  He turns out to be a stinker freak.

Now that that is taken care of I need to discuss giant squid.  I just saw one, and it was pretty amazing.  Well, I'd seen one last year, but only a tentacle, or two, and a blur, but this time it was the whole thing in slow motion and clear.  I ate squid once in Italy, but not a giant one, and someone else had already dispatched it :)

Also, I just saw the Girl Who Played with Fire, in the Swedish version, after seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the American version, and the final one, The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest in the Swedish. 1st 1st, second third, and third second.  Two different versions, two different languages, two different leads.  Set aside the obvious headshaking I experienced.....  I always thought Ripley had the biggest set on balls of any female on film, but I have to say Lizbet maybe even, or very close.  Hard to quantify ballzyness when you are dealing with sadomasochistic sociopaths vs acid bleeding alien super weapons.

How about this one? WilkesboroDude, metalicwx366, and the one and only Rainstorm are the same person? Wouldn't that be something? Even if not true, what an honor to be thought of as the same person as the great rainstorm! You two (or one?) should feel quite proud and honored!

All kidding aside. many people have mistaken me for the GA poster, Perry (I think his nickname is southernwx or something similar). That truly is an honor as I have always had a lot of respect for his posting ability. But I promise that I'm not Perry

though we share the same last three letters in our names lol (probably contributes to confusion). Come to think of it, I need to change my name to Ralph. Ok, I'm now Ralph. There, that should cut down on the confusion.

Come on. Rainstorm really? Impossible to be compared to.

Come on. Rainstorm really? Impossible to be compared to.

I know it seems impossible for you two (or one) to achieve the level of Rainstorm, but you have actually done it! It is documented right here in this thread. I'd be quite proud if I were in your position as very few posters have reached this level. Honestly, I'm a little jealous because I've never been compared to Rainstorm. :(

By the way, Rainstorm did actually win the 2006 Eastern US wx bb's seasonal tropical wx forecasting contest. That's no joke. I still haven't forgotten because I ran the contest and still have the records lol. So, maybe you/Wilkes will win the 2013 version?

I'm not expecting to run 2013, however. Actually, the 2012 winner has yet to be determined lol. I guess the 2012 rules were so complicated that nobody wants to take the time to do the calculations. I wouldn't even know how to do the calculations lol.

-Ralph

I know it seems impossible for you two (or one) to achieve the level of Rainstorm, but you have actually done it! It is documented right here in this thread. I'd be quite proud if I were in your position as very few posters have reached this level. Honestly, I'm a little jealous because I've never been compared to Rainstorm. :(

By the way, Rainstorm did actually win the 2006 Eastern US wx bb's seasonal tropical wx forecasting contest. That's no joke. I still haven't forgotten because I ran the contest and still have the records lol. So, maybe you/Wilkes will win the 2013 version?

I'm not expecting to run 2013, however. Actually, the 2012 winner has yet to be determined lol. I guess the 2012 rules were so complicated that nobody wants to take the time to do the calculations. I wouldn't even know how to do the calculations lol.

-Ralph

You can't possibly expect him to understand this the way you wrote it.  With your permission, and even without, allow me to translate.

ah knows it seems impostible fo' yo' two (o' one) t'achieve th' level of Rainsto'm, but yo' haf acshully done it! Fry mah hide! It is docoomnted right hyar in this hyar thread, cuss it all t' tarnation. I'd be quite proud eff'n ah were in yer posishun as mighty few posters haf retched this hyar level, ah reckon. Honestly, ah's a li'l jealous on account o' I've nevah been compared t'Rainsto'm, dawgone it. 

By th' way, Rainsto'm did acshully win th' 2006 Eastern US wx bb's seasonal tropical wx fo'ecastin' corntest. Thet's no joke. ah still ain't fo'gotten on account o' ah ran th' contess an' still haf th' reco'ds lol, ah reckon. So, mebbe yo'/Wilkes will win th' 2013 vahshun? 

ah's not speckin' t'run 2013, howevah. Acshully, th' 2012 winner has yet t'be determined lol, ah reckon. ah guess th' 2012 rules were so complicated thet nobody be hankerin' t'take th' time t'do th' calculashuns. ah w'dn't even knows how t'do th' calculashuns lol, ah reckon. 

-Ra'ph

You can't possibly expect him to understand this the way you wrote it. With your permission, and even without, allow me to translate.

ah knows it seems impostible fo' yo' two (o' one) t'achieve th' level of Rainsto'm, but yo' haf acshully done it! Fry mah hide! It is docoomnted right hyar in this hyar thread, cuss it all t' tarnation. I'd be quite proud eff'n ah were in yer posishun as mighty few posters haf retched this hyar level, ah reckon. Honestly, ah's a li'l jealous on account o' I've nevah been compared t'Rainsto'm, dawgone it.

By th' way, Rainsto'm did acshully win th' 2006 Eastern US wx bb's seasonal tropical wx fo'ecastin' corntest. Thet's no joke. ah still ain't fo'gotten on account o' ah ran th' contess an' still haf th' reco'ds lol, ah reckon. So, mebbe yo'/Wilkes will win th' 2013 vahshun?

ah's not speckin' t'run 2013, howevah. Acshully, th' 2012 winner has yet t'be determined lol, ah reckon. ah guess th' 2012 rules were so complicated thet nobody be hankerin' t'take th' time t'do th' calculashuns. ah w'dn't even knows how t'do th' calculashuns lol, ah reckon.

-Ra'ph

Lol bro you are crazy. This made me burst out laughing. How do you keep a straight face while posting this?

I know it seems impossible for you two (or one) to achieve the level of Rainstorm, but you have actually done it! It is documented right here in this thread. I'd be quite proud if I were in your position as very few posters have reached this level. Honestly, I'm a little jealous because I've never been compared to Rainstorm. :(

By the way, Rainstorm did actually win the 2006 Eastern US wx bb's seasonal tropical wx forecasting contest. That's no joke. I still haven't forgotten because I ran the contest and still have the records lol. So, maybe you/Wilkes will win the 2013 version?

I'm not expecting to run 2013, however. Actually, the 2012 winner has yet to be determined lol. I guess the 2012 rules were so complicated that nobody wants to take the time to do the calculations. I wouldn't even know how to do the calculations lol.

-Ralph

Lmao. I've been wondering about that also. They never did the calculations for that contest. Someone should get ready to make the 2013 Atlantic contest thread.

Archived