• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Looks like the back of the prolonged -ao is going to break. A full 60 day period of negative readings and a crazy -5+ in there too. 

Impressive stretch for sure. 45-60 days is the norm for extreme blocking setups and looks like this one will push past 60 days by a few extra days. 

Don't buy into the big + spike too much yet. I've seen that countless times when coming out of a big neg departure and it almost never verifies. There were plenty ens guidance + spikes during Feb and Mar too and as you can see none of them verified. However, there's a pretty tight cluster of ens right now so maybe there's more merit to the outlook. 

Euro has some 70's next week but highly doubt we flip warm and stay there. Euro D10 @ 500 shows a fairly decent EC trough with -5 to -10 850's moving back in but the overall look is progressive. 

Looks like the warmest air in many months will be here next week and I'm sure there will be a lot of windows open and miniskirts walking around.  It's going to wake up and kick start the plants and trees. 

IMO- the remainder of the month will likely be a mixed bag. Periods of above and below norm temps with fairly progressive flow. Neither aoa or aob will dominate. No signs of a dominant -pna or big se ridge that I can see.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the back of the prolonged -ao is going to break. A full 60 day period of negative readings and a crazy -5+ in there too. 

attachicon.gifao.GIF

Impressive stretch for sure. 45-60 days is the norm for extreme blocking setups and looks like this one will push past 60 days by a few extra days. 

Don't buy into the big + spike too much yet. I've seen that countless times when coming out of a big neg departure and it almost never verifies. There were plenty ens guidance + spikes during Feb and Mar too and as you can see none of them verified. However, there's a pretty tight cluster of ens right now so maybe there's more merit to the outlook. 

Euro has some 70's next week but highly doubt we flip warm and stay there. Euro D10 @ 500 shows a fairly decent EC trough with -5 to -10 850's moving back in but the overall look is progressive. 

Looks like the warmest air in many months will be here next week and I'm sure there will be a lot of windows open and miniskirts walking around.  It's going to wake up and kick start the plants and trees. 

IMO- the remainder of the month will likely be a mixed bag. Periods of above and below norm temps with fairly progressive flow. Neither aoa or aob will dominate. No signs of a dominant -pna or big se ridge that I can see.

Good post, and I especially agree with the bolded part.

We'll get back-doored to death after Sunday.

considering everyone seems to be jumping for it all verbatim, not a bad guess

hopefully we are backdoored and 55 while BWI is 49 and EZF is 73

The Euro and some of the GFS ens members give me an uneasy feeling about it.  Just seems primed to fail. 

Just a hunch, but I'll bet next weeks warmup under performs current outlooks.

We'll get back-doored to death after Sunday.

When I suggested this a couple of days ago in one of DT's facebook posts, he thought I was nuts.  Anyone who has lived in the DC/Balt for at least a few years knows that it's hard to get a long period of warmth in April.  When you see heights building in eastern Canada, you worry about backdoor fronts.  It's just a fact of life for most springs here.  And almost always, backdoor fronts are stronger, and go further south than forecast.  Maybe we'll be lucky, but I don't know.

Becoming 10-20 degrees warmer on 7-8 ahead of next rwt on 9 then warm ahead of another rwt expected to arrive April 11-12 with 10-15 degree cool down for the 13-14th which will be short lived. Then a 5-10 degree warm up again April 15-16 ahead of rwt for 16th and then around 5 degrees cooler for the 17 and then a 10-20 degree warm up again 18-19. I believe during and after the two short waves on the 9 and 11th temps will rise to above normal levels with warmth peaking around 18-19th and remain above normal but cooling slightly as we head through the 24th or so.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I think the SW-rwt for April 11-12 has potential for svr wx or late season snow storm for the northern regions east of the Mississippi. Same goes for the April 3-4 SW-rwt

Looks like SW for April 24 +-1 day with next major cold snap and best chance at a svr wx set up. I would say maybe even snow again in the northern tier of the US. Another SW arriving in eastern US for apr 27-30 window with brief cool down behind it. Then a sw for May 1-3 time frame with slight cool down for May 2-4 time frame behind sw depending on it's arrival. After that a decent torch will develop for May 4-7 time frame.

Who cares about warmth. It's guaranteed and pedestrian from an enthusiast's point of view. What's there to discuss?

The board is crickets and echos this time of year all the way through Sept. ZZZzzzz

This weather is just not exciting. Get a new laser while you still have time before our gangbuster's winter coming up.

Outlook for April... starting off cool but overall warm look especially by middle of the month. Warm March 31-April 3 as ext rwt arrives for the 3-4 then 10-15 degree drop in temps and colder April 4-6. Becoming 10-20 degrees warmer on 7-8 ahead of next rwt on 9 then warm ahead of another rwt expected to arrive April 11-12 with 10-15 degree cool down for the 13-14th which will be short lived. Then a 5-10 degree warm up again April 15-16 ahead of rwt for 16th and then around 5 degrees cooler for the 17 and then a 10-20 degree warm up again 18-19. I believe during and after the two short waves on the 9 and 11th temps will rise to above normal levels with warmth peaking around 18-19th and remain above normal but cooling slightly as we head through the 24th or so.

Sorry it's not pretty with pics to go along with it, some people were asking so I threw this together quickly since I have been short on time these past couple weeks.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I think the SW-rwt for April 11-12 has potential for svr wx or late season snow storm for the northern regions east of the Mississippi. Same goes for the April 3-4 SW-rwt

10 tornadoes for April 11...not too shabby.

post-3697-0-49339700-1365792069_thumb.jp

Does anyone doubt 80s next week?

Hopefully after 4/20 we go E/NE winds for like 2 months straight...then I dont give a crap if July is +5

Looks pretty favorable for cooler weather in a week or so. Wed-Fri next week are poised for more 80ish stuff but there's some consensus beyond that to not allow such easy ridging in the east. LW pattern looks like it wants to get back to some cool continental airmasses dropping out of Canada. I'm sure rooting for it. 

Looks pretty favorable for cooler weather in a week or so. Wed-Fri next week are poised for more 80ish stuff but there's some consensus beyond that to not allow such easy ridging in the east. LW pattern looks like it wants to get back to some cool continental airmasses dropping out of Canada. I'm sure rooting for it.

I just think if we can stay within normal it would be a victory.

I was out of town for the heat - just got back. But it seems like you were saying that the people who like warmth may not like normal temps this time of year.

Actually, I was just being a clown in addressing Subtropic who seems to enjoy it if it's Africa hot.

Archived