• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 Pattern and Discussion

Marion_NC_WX

you are probly not wrong, technically, BUT , most forecasting outlets don't know a thing about midnight high temps, and they don't tell that to the common person. When 99% of people look for weather info for highs , they don't say 55 degrees today? I bet that will happen at midnight? ;)

In two days it won't matter, even to us.  It will just be thrown in with all the other highs to make the average.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get any confirmation on the supposed 5.5 in in Wilkes County?  That does sound suspect but it also sounds possible...kinda wish I was in NC yesterday like usual, but nope stuck down here in middle GA where it WAS an astounding 40 degree day!  I *believe* the high yesterday in Warner Robins/Macon might have only gotten to around 48.  Crazy for April.  Windy and cold.  Pretty awesome LOL.  However I'd have much rather been in the Sandhills.  Was there any snow reports out of KFAY?  Doubtful, but possible I'm sure.  

No confirmo...but 2.5" fell in Surry County. The 5.5 was not far from the Brushy Mountains...it was probably just light accumulation not a lot of reports from that part of Wilkes. All my snow melted by 9am.

...again, what does this have to do with the April pattern discussion? I wouldn't even mention it if you weren't the self-appointed board monitor all winter long. Practice what you preach....

...again, what does this have to do with the April pattern discussion? I wouldn't even mention it if you weren't the self-appointed board monitor all winter long. Practice what you preach....

You gotta remember with his short attention span, "upcoming" means anything within the next 15 minutes.

. I thought I saw a gulf low coming up this way in the Mon. timeframe ?

I don't see one. There is a hint of some return moisture over the deep south Monday leading to widely scattered thundershowers but nothing organized, I don't think. It looks like the Bermuda high is going to flex its muscles next week and shift the main storm track well north of us.

I don't know...the crazy range has had a nice potential low coming thru, off and on, with the 0 line dipping into Ga.  Get that storm into Fla, and that'll drag down the 0 line.....sleet for Tony?  It could happen, lol.  I know Crossroad's climo says Heck NO!  But there is always room for some mid/late April sleet in my book :)  If it's still there in 10 days, I'll have to sic the moles on it!

Come on, Larry, you know there is always a possibility for unusual weather...since winter started in March, this is the equivalent of Feb. and climo says Feb equals Good :) And Feb 23 is in the sweet spot, so in bizzaro winter, April 23 should be easy squeezy.

Meanwhile, back where the sane people live, Meteostar took away my upper 30's and replaced them with mid 40's...so I guess no shivering  morning golfers after all.  To bad....but now the crazy land storm...it could be real :) T

GFS is cold next Friday morning...

20's NC Mountains

34 Wilkesboro, Mount Airy

36 Winston, Greensboro

37-39 around Charlotte

low 40's Florida panhandle

Hmmm. Low 40s in FL and close to 40 in Charlotte ? Usually Charlotte is a lot colder than FL aren't they ? Don't tell me the GFS shows Atlanta warmer than FL.

ISOLD/SCT DIURNAL CONVECTION LIKELY FOR THE MIDDLE PART OF THE WEEK.
GOOD FLOW OFF THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL BRING MOISTURE NORTHWARD INTO
THE REGION...AND WITH SOME SURFACE INSTABILITY EACH
AFTERNOON...THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE. NO REAL SURFACE FOCUSING
MECHANISM PRESENT. HOWEVER...SEVERAL WEAK AND HARD TO TIME
SHORTWAVES ARE NOTED IN THE MID LEVEL FLOW. SO...HAVE KEPT THE LOW
END CHANCE/SLIGHT CHANCE POPS IN THROUGH THURSDAY.

finally some summer afternoon thunder storms monday and tue... Not diggin the temps friday however hopefully will be 70's

Friday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 62.

• Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.

Archived