joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 Pattern and Discussion

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely perfect spring day!  Pouring rain, and 43.7 :)  I'd take this the next 6 months without question.  Got an inch in the bucket, more on tap, and the cold wind blowing from the favoured  spot.  Of particular note is the Experiment Station is reporting 76, and they are only a mile or so away :)  Larry's March and April fun continues to entertain.  Way to go Crossroads!  T

Absolutely perfect spring day!  Pouring rain, and 43.7 :)  I'd take this the next 6 months without question.  Got an inch in the bucket, more on tap, and the cold wind blowing from the favoured  spot.  Of particular note is the Experiment Station is reporting 76, and they are only a mile or so away :)  Larry's March and April fun continues to entertain.  Way to go Crossroads!  T

Tony,

Thanks, man! I'm in Charleston, SC, on the Cooper River enjoying every little bit of this absolutely delightfully extremely nasty wedge generated wx. The wind is howling, there are whitecaps, it is overcast and raining, and it feels like midwinter! It is actually near the average noon temp. for mid-Jan! Ahhhhhhhh!! Hopefully, I'll get in a nice cold walk later today. By the way, I've been told that April 4th has been designated as Wedge Appreciation Day for GA/NC/SC by all three governors. It is so nice to see the wedge get the recognition it deserves for a change!

Well, Jonathan, one suspects you would have been better off visiting your mom, than those notorious girly bars outside of Orlando :)

This system is producing more than expected by my watching the models.  I'm getting lucky at finding the sweet spots, unlike all the preceding years in this century.  And I guessing the Masters will have some weather surprises for the players and fans too, next week.  Bring a coat and some galoshes, sports fans.  

Larry obviously had the right idea and headed into the teeth of the wedge.  Ice cream on the beach in a cold cad wind driven rain..ecstasy. T

Well, Jonathan, one suspects you would have been better off visiting your mom, ...  :)

I do miss the opportunity to have seen some late season wintry precip, but it's not been too bad down here.  Florida's fine...for a week or so...in spring.  Otherwise, it's way too hot, humid, flat, sandy, and crowded.

Time to head back tomorrow.

Currently, it's raining pretty decently with gentle rolls of thunder in the distance.  Radar looks quite wet for the foreseeable future.

Stinging sleet finally going over to snow mixture here. 

Grassy areas getting a little white...cars are covered in slush/sleet. Roads fine except for parking lots...kind of slid a little.

My English class was watching An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore...don't think anyone in the class but myself got the message with it snowing in April.

It is a cold 37 degrees here at 3:25 pm in April!!!!! Reports of snow from the county are coming in but just rain here at the house. It is actually colder here now than this morning! Dynamical cooling in April?! What a storm this would of been if it were January. We finally got a good track but wrong time of the year.

Just hit 32 degrees. 

Strong returns coming up east of Asheville,NC now. 

Going on a limb here...1-2 inches of snow here possible.

WXII12 mentioned the possibility out that way.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/piedmont/Sleet-mixing-with-rain-in-parts-of-Triad/-/10703612/19619952/-/656i6d/-/index.html

A winter weather advisory is in effect until 8 p.m. in Alleghany, Ashe, Carroll and Grayson counties.

Snow accumulations there could be 1-2 inches, and roads there could become slick. Sleet also could fall in a wintry mix, and it's expected to turn into a rain event by 8 p.m.

- School Bus wreck reported in Wilkes County.

Snow line is on the move...this is well to my south near W. Kerr Scott Reservoir, Wilkesboro.

This will pick up shortly and the ground is already white. 

Blacksburg now saying 1 inch of snow per hour in a special weather statement for Wilkes/Surry/Yadkin and northward. 

8995_431829913576675_1920102529_n.jpg

531823_468477396556996_1954242923_n.jpg

Thunder/lightning now reported to my south via Brad Panovich heading north.

i've never seen someone hyper-ventilate in print before.

I think today would qualify as a mild bust temp wise. Watching trends this week, earlier , and over the weekend they had it colder (42-44) range. By Tues all media had 48-50 range. Currently 39.4 ! Didn't see this coming! Didn't see any snow or sleet, but today was winning in my book. See y'all 30s again next October :)

I think today would qualify as a mild bust temp wise. Watching trends this week, earlier , and over the weekend they had it colder (42-44) range. By Tues all media had 48-50 range. Currently 39.4 ! Didn't see this coming! Didn't see any snow or sleet, but today was winning in my book. See y'all 30s again next October :)

I believe you hit 52 at 12:05AM correct me if I am wrong. It was in the mid to upper 40s in NC before cooling further and then evap. cooling even more.

I believe you hit 52 at 12:05AM correct me if I am wrong. It was in the mid to upper 40s in NC before cooling further and then evap. cooling even more.

you are probly not wrong, technically, BUT , most forecasting outlets don't know a thing about midnight high temps, and they don't tell that to the common person. When 99% of people look for weather info for highs , they don't say 55 degrees today? I bet that will happen at midnight? ;)

Archived