• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

Radar is coming alive in southern michigan with some weak deformation band of rain/snow developing and moving east. Temps hanging steady around 40. Was supposed to be partly sunny in my point forecast...DTX added a 20% pop this morning...should have been more like 80%.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar is coming alive in southern michigan with some weak deformation band of rain/snow developing and moving east. Temps hanging steady around 40. Was supposed to be partly sunny in my point forecast...DTX added a 20% pop this morning...should have been more like 80%.

Been snowing here for over an hour... Not sure why my forecast has no mention of snow today.

Moderate non-sticking snow here gonna last all afternoon.  :ee:  I don't understand winter weenies who want this mood flake stuff in April.  It doesn't count for anything if it doesn't stick, not even "stat padding".  This weather is as useless as 37 degree rain in my book.  Might hit 60 in the middle of the night tonight before heading downhill again tomorrow.  :clap:

Picked up 0.4" snow this morning, all of it has already melted.

NWUS53 KMKX 141237
LSRMKX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
736 AM CDT SUN APR 14 2013

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0700 AM SNOW NWS SULLIVAN/MILWAUKEE 42.97N 88.55W
04/14/2013 M1.0 INCH JEFFERSON WI OFFICIAL NWS OBS

Been snowing here for over an hour... Not sure why my forecast has no mention of snow today.

Yea.  Half dollar flakes coming down and melting on contact here.  Water trickling off the roof makes it sound like it's raining though.  If this was January sun angle it wouldn't be 37.  It would be 32 and sticking.  I lived in Seattle for 4 years and they get this kind of **** all the time.  Sometimes the vertical temperature gradient is so ridiculously steep off the sound that you just walk 50 feet up the hill from sea level and there's suddenly an inch of slush.

Warm and wet in the LAF for the next five days. Should be no complaints from the local warmwantistas.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. South wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. South wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Monday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. South wind 10 to 14 mph.

Monday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Wednesday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Lots of chances for rain in that forecast. Gonna have to pick and choose your spots to be outside I guess.

Had some snow showers this morning, then a few rain showers (just enough to squeeze out 0.01" liquid). This was our 3rd trace of snow in April (1st, 13th, 14th), but as of now our last measurable snow of the season was on March 25th when 0.6" fell.

As of now...2012-13 snow season:
First flakes: October 29th

Last flakes: April 14th (watch out this Fri/Sat?)

First measurable: November 23rd (0.1")
Last measurable: March 25th (0.6")

Side note: this was the 67th day snow was observed for the 2012-13 season. For comparison, snow was observered on just 49 days in the 2011-12 season but on 82 days during the 2010-11 season.

I'm getting stickage again at 36 degrees.  Snowing as hard as the heaviest snowstorm in winter.  White on the ground will disappear again as soon as +SN goes to back to -SN though.  Pointless if you don't measure continuously.  lol.

Wow. Nothing close to heavy snow here (we saw some literal whiteouts here this winter). Just light snow, but enough for me to get the usual out-of-season-snow texts from various people :lol:

I've noticed GRR is reluctant to put thunder in the forecast these days.  All I see is "showers" in my 8 day forecast. 

They're counting on warm sector instability never reaching that far north. It's expected to waver north and south of here over the next few days, but we'll see. Last week it never really made it past the Ohio border.

Moderate non-sticking snow here gonna last all afternoon.  :ee:  I don't understand winter weenies who want this mood flake stuff in April.  It doesn't count for anything if it doesn't stick, not even "stat padding".  This weather is as useless as 37 degree rain in my book.  Might hit 60 in the middle of the night tonight before heading downhill again tomorrow.  :clap:

I'm getting stickage again at 36 degreesSnowing as hard as the heaviest snowstorm in winter.  White on the ground will disappear again as soon as +SN goes to back to -SN though.  Pointless if you don't measure continuously.  lol.

Congrats :axe:

sweaty pants crew is starting to losing their mind or forgot their meds today.   

Sunshine here and temps on the soar..   Surprise 60th b-day party time for mom..  Nice knowing most of you all.

It was cloudy, breezy, and cold this morning, but then the warm front came through.  We are now partly sunny and in the low 70s... warmest day of the year.  Maybe the better-than-expected temp will help get us a good storm later.  The line of storms is just beginning to fire in western Iowa.

I don't understand the nws sometimes.  Their forecast was consistently for mid 60s here today.  Then, early this afternoon while the temp was soaring into the 70s, they actually lowered the highs to "steady in the low 60s".  They did this one day about a week ago as well.  wtf

Yea.  Half dollar flakes coming down and melting on contact here.  Water trickling off the roof makes it sound like it's raining though.  If this was January sun angle it wouldn't be 37.  It would be 32 and sticking.  I lived in Seattle for 4 years and they get this kind of **** all the time.  Sometimes the vertical temperature gradient is so ridiculously steep off the sound that you just walk 50 feet up the hill from sea level and there's suddenly an inch of slush.

The marine layer is probably a buzz saw.

3.68" of rain recorded in Kitchener during the first 12 days of April with 3.57" of that between the 8-12th.

Impressive numbers. That has to be least a month's worth in 4 days. What are your thoughts on flooding for next week? HPC initially had over 3" rain for this week, but has now scaled that back to around 2-2.5" (still significant, imo). Rivers are already higher than normal and the ground is very saturated. Trees haven't leafed either meaning little to no transpiration.

vGlXNiw.gif

Wow. Nothing close to heavy snow here (we saw some literal whiteouts here this winter). Just light snow, but enough for me to get the usual out-of-season-snow texts from various people :lol:

Maybe not heavy in terms of reducing visibility but it was very large flakes coming down pretty densely.  I'd say it was briefly coming down at a 2" an hour rate had it been below freezing.  Grass looked like BowMe's pics briefly.  Just melted in 30 minutes after it stopped.

Archived