joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th - 26th Potential Threat Discussion

goombatommy

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like my 1-3 call in elevations north/west plus Mt Airy/Mt Rib/Chestnut Hill, coating along 95....for now.

i think that is a pretty good call. I would take a bl;end of the euro and the gfs...which brings you around .5-.75 qpf for phl and like .3 north and west. Precip falling during the day and if you don't get into heavier banding it will have a hard time accumulating. The airport looks to be a 34-35 and wet snow that never accumulates unless they get into something good.

Yeah, a coating to an inch or so seems reasonable for I-95, more for those NW with elevation.  Freezing level at PHL looks like it will be 1000-1500 feet all day long so its gonna be tough to accumulate at sea level, definitely better the higher you go.  PHL might have a lot of SNRA.

Again this is going off the 0Z GFS/EC blend. 

If this could push its main precip period into the night time hours, the results could be substantially different.  All it takes is the removal of the daytime heating.  Right now GFS/EC both have main precip during the day, which is gonna make it tough.

Latest Wxsim with a 6z blend of the GFS/NAM has snow starting after midnight tomorrow (Monday AM)

Moderate Snow at 6am temp 33.0

Heavy Snow at 9am - 32.9

Heavy Snow at 12pm - 33.3

Heavy Snow at 3pm - 33.3

Moderate Snow at 6pm - 32.8

Ending by 9pm - total snow with a 7:1 average is 6" to 8"

Figured I should sneak in an initial forecast before going into work today. More of the same as far as sharp gradients and low-level temperature issues are concerned. Also, March.

post-96-0-20440000-1364052659_thumb.png

Further discussion, though you all probably know how it is already: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/blog/16/entry-90-mid-atlantic-snow-forecast-for-march-24-25-initial/

Archived