• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th - 26th Potential Threat Discussion

goombatommy

Yeah they thought that in DC too... didn't work out too well.

Are we dealing with a similar airmass in comparison to March 8th? The background setup has changed a bit with the record -AO blocking pattern. I suspect this is still a mostly wet snow and rain event for east of I-95 but a more significant event for areas that missed out on the previous coastal storm and that were forecasted to recieve snowfall.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we dealing with a similar airmass in comparison to March 8th? The background setup has changed a bit with the record -AO blocking pattern. I suspect this is still a mostly wet snow and rain event for east of I-95 but a more significant event for areas that missed out on the previous coastal storm and that were forecasted to recieve snowfall.

The longwave pattern over has certainly changed, but that doesn't necessarily lead to a change in the sensible weather on a daily and regional scale. It will still have a marginal air mass at the surface, no high to the north to bring in cooler temps and a primary low in the eastern Ohio Valley giving way to a coastal redevelopment. Many of the same things are in play with this storm as there were with the 3/6-8 event (though without the huge backlash into New England and even into the Philly area long days after the coastal low initially developed).

Can you ban the Nam?  Its bull ****ting is getting way out of hand and  is constantly off- topic.  The 00Z  is a grandslam for the LV but I have to realize that the  rope is just being extended further to hang us with 1-3. I just cannot expect anything else.  My ass hurts  from being burned too many times wishing for an overperformer.  There  needs to be more blocking. The negative tilt is showing however which is a good sign

Can you ban the Nam?  Its bull ****ting is getting way out of hand and  is constantly off- topic.  The 00Z  is a grandslam for the LV but I have to realize that the  rope is just being extended further to hang us with 1-3. I just cannot expect anything else.  My ass hurts  from being burned too many times wishing for an overperformer.  There  needs to be more blocking. The negative tilt is showing however which is a good sign

4-6" is my final snow of the year snowfall forecast for this storm :)

so how long has dave warren been on Fox...never really liked his delivery on NBC10 but SO much more relaxed and animated on Fox..must have been "constrained" by someone on NBC10....

has 3-6" for NW burbs and pretty enthused about a big storm!

Edit..can't say much for the woman who "replaced" him on NBC10

He was still with NBC10 as of earlier this month/late last month, but I had read that he was likely on his way out. He might just be freelancing for Fox, I don't know. This is banter, anyway.

RGEM gets good snow into area before sunrise monday when it has the best chance to accumulate

Yeah.. 40mm water equiv of snow to me in Ocean County NJ. 15+ inches.

Ain't never going to happen this time of year.

But I like the looks of it.. lol  :snowing:

Archived