• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th - 26th Potential Threat Discussion

goombatommy

Hard to have any confidence that this systems results in anything more than a coating on the grass (if we're lucky) and unnecessarily epic traffic (this will definitely happen) for those of us in the city on S & E regardless of model output. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me dozens of times in one winter, go to hell...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z mon - 12z tues

18z mon mod stuff so afternoon temp issues

best shot (for white sticking)  is 0z to 6z tuesday 

as long as we could get the bulk of the moderate stuff after 4pm we could see 1-3"

fairly large jump in the ecm at this range ensemble will be interesting as will the 0z

ECM EPS ensemble mean came even farther NW of 00z...

From Earthlight in the NYC Metro thread:  "The Euro ensembles are def improved as well...better than 00z. The best thing about the Euro was that it was a marked improvement over the 00z run...and that is an important thing to see at this range. It is very close to showing a big solution...the ensembles don't necessarily add confidence to the fact that the big solution is coming..but it's good to see them improved.

We are running short on time for the Euro to show another big bump to the NW. Usually after around 66-72 hours out whatever changes it makes will be small ticks and variations and nothing major. We need a good run tonight."

post-8610-0-94721900-1363986863_thumb.pn

ECM EPS ensemble mean came even farther NW of 00z...

From Earthlight in the NYC Metro thread:  "The Euro ensembles are def improved as well...better than 00z. The best thing about the Euro was that it was a marked improvement over the 00z run...and that is an important thing to see at this range. It is very close to showing a big solution...the ensembles don't necessarily add confidence to the fact that the big solution is coming..but it's good to see them improved.

We are running short on time for the Euro to show another big bump to the NW. Usually after around 66-72 hours out whatever changes it makes will be small ticks and variations and nothing major. We need a good run tonight."

I know the quote is form a NY poster but we don't want it coming any further north....right?

From a timing standpoint, the EC isn't that good for much of note except on the front and back end due to it coming in during the mid to late AM (at least locally) and having to counteract March solar & marginal temps...so it might be 4" of snow but half of it might melt.

Granted, precip *may* be heavy but we're relying on a Euro model that missed the mark on QPF quite a few times this winter and hasn't been that reliable or consistent with this storm.

The Wxsim 18z GFS and NAM - for NW Chesco has a mix arriving Sunday night around 9pm with it becoming all snow by midnight and then moderate snow by 3am. Moderate snow at 6am and Heavy Snow at 9am. Sees total accumulation at 4" to 6" despite temps hanging between 32.1 and 33.0 for the most part of the event.

I know the quote is form a NY poster but we don't want it coming any further north....right?

I would say yes more of north eastward motion over the benchmark. We want the CCB cold conveyer belt to set up over us and stay over us. Currently EC gets some of the CCB over Philly but its mostly south and east.

I would say yes more of north eastward motion over the benchmark. We want the CCB cold conveyer belt to set up over us and stay over us. Currently EC gets some of the CCB over Philly but its mostly south and east.

Some of us are ok with south and east of Philly.  :)

Pretty much every model showing snow, including Euro at this point.  Albeit going to have the issue of daytime snowfall that will keep accumulations down.

Amazing only 3 pages on this.  This is starting to shape up as a storm we only get to see once every few years.  (i.e. - a true spring snow event)  But with recent weather phenomena of the past 9 months, can't say I'm surprised.

From a timing standpoint, the EC isn't that good for much of note except on the front and back end due to it coming in during the mid to late AM (at least locally) and having to counteract March solar & marginal temps...so it might be 4" of snow but half of it might melt.

Granted, precip *may* be heavy but we're relying on a Euro model that missed the mark on QPF quite a few times this winter and hasn't been that reliable or consistent with this storm.

Yeah it sucked all winter. Was spot on with Mondays went. Now not consistent with this threat

Archived